MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psych 3AC3 - Human Sexuality Lois 3rd Year Course Reviews 7 06-21-2015 05:57 PM
Online lectures for 2D03 HUMAN SEXUALITY ????? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-20-2010 10:52 AM
Can any one please give me infor on COLLAB 2D03 HUMAN SEXUALITY ? AK05 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 07-02-2010 09:44 AM
Psych 3AC3- Human Sexuality with Ostovich Anaam Academics 3 01-06-2010 02:53 AM
Psych 3rd year - Human sexuality collieee Academics 0 12-10-2009 01:52 PM

Sexuality

Old 12-07-2010 at 05:25 PM   #226
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

It depends how well I know her. Gonna go get some studying done, instead of having a one-sided conversation on a forum with an anon. Msn me if you want to talk or something.
Old 12-07-2010 at 05:29 PM   #227
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
It depends how well I know her. Gonna go get some studying done, instead of having a one-sided conversation on a forum with an anon. Msn me if you want to talk or something.
Well if you're gonna offer msn you should leave the address

EDIT: Yeah speaking of studying I'm gonna have to go be in the books for a while in the coming weeks myself.

EDIT: I resent the fact that you call it a one-sided conversation when you haven't asked a question.
Old 12-07-2010 at 05:30 PM   #228
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowHere View Post
Even in closed relationships you have to have trust. Are you saying that in the perception of a closed relationships (whether that perception is true or not) there is no chance of infection or pregnancy?

EDIT: Yeah, so if birth control works most of the time and in general, what are your rules?
If one is in a closed relationship and each member trusts each other to be exclusive partners, I don't see how one would be worried about infections (after initially knowing that the other is clean of course). In this case I would say that the chance of infection would be very low. Pregnancy on the other hand can always occur, even if measures are taken. Precautions can me taken that make these chances very low though of course.

In regards to pregnancy, condoms make me nervous because they break or can leak. Not to mention they don't feel that great.

When it comes to sti's I don't really think I would feel comfortable doing someone who has multiple partners at the same time since love juices still get all over even if you are wearing a condom.
Old 12-07-2010 at 05:34 PM   #229
NowHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLB0T View Post
If one is in a closed relationship and each member trusts each other to be exclusive partners, I don't see how one would be worried about infections (after initially knowing that the other is clean of course). In this case I would say that the chance of infection would be very low. Pregnancy on the other hand can always occur, even if measures are taken. Precautions can me taken that make these chances very low though of course.

In regards to pregnancy, condoms make me nervous because they break or can leak. Not to mention they don't feel that great.

When it comes to sti's I don't really think I would feel comfortable doing someone who has multiple partners at the same time since love juices still get all over even if you are wearing a condom.
You know what's scary, I heard that STI can live dormant in someone for like 6 months or some shit. So suppose you just entered a new closed relationship with someone and they had been ****ing someone prior. Now that you guys are together they ended it with that other person and don't have symptoms of an STI but then a few weeks or months later... wtf mang .

EDIT: But yeah like you said, the chance of infection is very low.

Last edited by NowHere : 12-07-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2010 at 05:38 PM   #230
NowHere

Bareback **** sex with a long term monogamous partner, yay or nay?

If I had to picture myself in a monogamous relationship (though I can't fathom ****ing one person for the rest of my life) I would say yay. Maybe I can pull this off with a long term primary partner in a polyamorous or swinging relationships but I still get a jealous and hurt twitch when I imagine certain scenarios.
Old 12-07-2010 at 05:38 PM   #231
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
You know what's scary, I heard that STI can live dormant in someone for like 6 months or some shit. So suppose you just entered a new closed relationship with someone and they had been ****ing someone prior. Now that you guys are together they ended it with that other person and don't have symptoms of an STI but then a few weeks or months later... wtf mang .
Why does that surprise you? There are millions of people who have STI's and exhibit no symptoms of it. It's a known fact. You can't tell if someone has an STI by just looking at them (obviously). The only way to know is to get tested. I thought you knew that and, besides pregnancy, was the reason for your concern—you didn't know if your partner had contracted STI's.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 12-07-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2010 at 06:05 PM   #232
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Why does that surprise you? There are millions of people who have STI's and exhibit no symptoms of it. It's a known fact. You can't tell if someone has an STI by just looking at them (obviously). The only way to know is to get tested. I thought you knew that and, besides pregnancy, was the reason for your concern—you didn't know if your partner had contracted STI's.
JUST AS I ALWAYS SAY

NO SYMPTOMS NO PROBLEM

this PSA has been brought to you by the wow my dick is actually covered in blisters foundation

Old 12-07-2010 at 07:00 PM   #233
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:

EDIT: But yeah like you said, the chance of infection is very low.
I know Chlamydia doesn't show any symptoms at all for ~50%-75% of people infected with it, and almost everyone that is sexually active will get infected with HPV at some point but most never know because only like 2 of the hundreds of possible strains have a realistic chance of causing symptoms.