MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spring term changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-30-2010 11:14 AM
Sexy New Cisco? britb Computers & Tech 23 02-26-2010 03:05 PM
Spring Masters ? Kathy2 General Discussion 4 10-07-2009 12:55 AM
Sexy Mac Video and others Chad General Discussion 7 06-02-2008 02:44 PM
How to create a sexy pop star (very interesting) Chad General Discussion 7 06-02-2008 08:23 AM

Sexy spring rolls:)

Old 08-05-2009 at 09:54 AM   #1
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

Sexy spring rolls:)
So I was really bored today and decided to go to this random korean store downtown hamilton, and bought tons of stuff... one of them was rice paper....

I've ordered "sexy spring rolls" at a thai restaurant that were wrapped in the clear rice paper..
Has anyone ever made them? any tips on how to er... wrap them?
Old 08-05-2009 at 10:46 AM   #2
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
So I was really bored today and decided to go to this random korean store downtown hamilton, and bought tons of stuff... one of them was rice paper....

I've ordered "sexy spring rolls" at a thai restaurant that were wrapped in the clear rice paper..
Has anyone ever made them? any tips on how to er... wrap them?
I'm not familiar with Thai cuisine, but Vietnamese do use rice paper to make rolls.

What you do is dip the rice paper in warm-ish water to soften it (restaurants use hot water because it's quicker, but it's more prone to breaking apart). The Vietnamese version includes vermicelli, bean sprouts, lettuce, mint, and any seafood (ideally shrimp or squid) or meat. Do not add a lot of toppings because it will be hard to roll up. Once adding everything, take the left and right flaps and put them over the filling, then take the flap of rice paper closest to you and do the same, and then roll it forward.

There you go.
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:15 AM   #3
Katia
Account Disabled by User

thanks! yeah I used all that... but I cant make them tight:( one of them completely fell apart.
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:19 AM   #4
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

There's usually three reasons to that:

1) Not soaked enough/didn't wait long enough to be soft enough, therefore it won't stick.
2) Too many toppings.
3) That brand really sucks.
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:33 PM   #5
Katia
Account Disabled by User

made them much better today
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:43 PM   #6
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

You can dip them in hoisin sauce (with some peanuts and shredded carrots), or another alternative is a mixture of fish sauce, vinegar, some sugar, and shredded carrots.

It just takes practice!

A version I haven't seen anywhere else but is my favourite, is to put lettuce, avocado, duck meat, maybe some vermicelli noodles, and cucumber inside the roll. Then I dip in hoisin sauce and some plum sauce.
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:45 PM   #7
Katia
Account Disabled by User

today i used crabmeat and shrimp ( not both in one) vermicelli, boston lettuce, chivs, sprouts, shredded carrot andavocado. i made the sauce out of fish sauce and rice vinegar with teryaki sauce and roasted peanuts))

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:46 PM   #8
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

The best part is that it's healthy!