MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mcmaster Computer science Admission! tristannguyen Academics 12 02-24-2014 11:14 PM
McMaster Computer Science Society Mixer! Oct 27th julianface General Discussion 12 10-26-2011 12:50 PM
Mac Computer Science from College Computer Technology steve2345 Academics 3 10-17-2010 07:20 PM
How is Computer Science [coop] at McMaster? RomanT First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 05-28-2010 10:22 PM

SFU or Mcmaster Computer Science

Old 07-04-2015 at 08:35 PM   #1
mohit3907

Liked: 0 Times

SFU or Mcmaster Computer Science
Hi got an offer of admission for Masters in Computer science at McMaster for September intake. But my result for SFU is still pending till October for January intake. I'm in dilemma of which university is better for Masters in Computer science. And which one has better opportunities in terms of Research and Placement.

If you guys can help me out with it and share some of your experience that will be great. Thank you in advance for help.
Old 07-04-2015 at 09:04 PM   #2
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

SFU of course.., get there fast.
Old 07-04-2015 at 09:09 PM  
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 07-05-2015 at 09:56 AM   #3
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Then, you're too ridiculous to have ever heard of SFU, and to know that it's a strong University.

Mod edited

Last edited by Leeoku : 07-05-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2015 at 03:25 PM   #4
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Mike, did you get an infraction point? Lol, you should be careful with your language.
Old 07-06-2015 at 05:47 PM   #5
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Anything is better than McMaster when it comes to comp sci and software.

Plus:
- it will teach you to travel, which is useful in your prof career
- SFU campus is pretty fucking sweet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_...SFU_Aerial.jpg
Old 07-06-2015 at 10:56 PM   #6
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Have you seen this?
https://csage.s3.amazonaws.co m/sch...s/mcmaster.jpg
Wow, just awesome.
I dont know why, but SFU seems like a maximum security correctional facility, I would not like to live in prison, I tell you that..
Check out Kirkland Correctional Institution photo and compare:
http://www.nassauweekly.com/wp-conte...sambeebe .jpg

SFU is, I dont know how to phrase it, I dont think there is a word in dioctionery to say how pathetic it is. Hamilton is a great place to be, McMaster, as we all agree is FAR MORE better than SFU, or it's campus.

If you read past comments from georgelucas, you will soon realize that he has not an ounce of respect for CAS at McMaster. It seems as if it is the disgusting hatred which can never be cured. It is just simply pathetic. His words have no basis.

It teaches you to travel is a joke. It is like saying what is the benefit of going to school? Walking on the way helps me exercise, it is irrelevant..

Did you know? For the very FIRST time in history, Mechatronics Engineering, a CAS programme, had level 2 cutoff of 10.9 this year? It only speaks of how good CAS is becoming at Mac.
Old 07-07-2015 at 06:21 AM   #7
mike_302
Elite Member

ROFLCOPTER, I don't need to swear to have the audience realize the outright lunacy of your posts

2 posts prior, you cited SFU as nameless; Now you profess to know all about it, and you call it a prison, referencing 2 pictures that are NOT SFU; Your sentence structure is bogus ("It teaches you to travel is a joke"); and having 0 years of experience in CAS at Mac, you are praising it's wonderousness, and citing a cut-off value that is both unpublished and higher than any cut-off value for any engineering stream at mac, EVER (go ahead, ask the academic advisers.. Nothing has ever been a 10.9, or anywhere near that).

Nah, you're either a) doing an awful job at trolling now, or b) diagnosed with something that we should be showing you some kindness and leniency for, given the outrageous posts you frequently come up with, like this one.
Old 07-07-2015 at 07:09 AM   #8
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit3907 View Post
Hi got an offer of admission for Masters in Computer science at McMaster for September intake. But my result for SFU is still pending till October for January intake. I'm in dilemma of which university is better for Masters in Computer science. And which one has better opportunities in terms of Research and Placement.

If you guys can help me out with it and share some of your experience that will be great. Thank you in advance for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
ROFLCOPTER, I don't need to swear to have the audience realize the outright lunacy of your posts

2 posts prior, you cited SFU as nameless; Now you profess to know all about it, and you call it a prison, referencing 2 pictures that are NOT SFU; Your sentence structure is bogus ("It teaches you to travel is a joke"); and having 0 years of experience in CAS at Mac, you are praising it's wonderousness, and citing a cut-off value that is both unpublished and higher than any cut-off value for any engineering stream at mac, EVER (go ahead, ask the academic advisers.. Nothing has ever been a 10.9, or anywhere near that).

Nah, you're either a) doing an awful job at trolling now, or b) diagnosed with something that we should be showing you some kindness and leniency for, given the outrageous posts you frequently come up with, like this one.
Lol, that is the worst, and the most pathetic wack I have read in weeks.. I did verify it with academic advisor, I do know that Mechatronics cut-off was 10.9, and I do know thant engineering and management can be done in 4 years. What do you know? You are a smug, my forum pal..

Before you CRITICIZE other's grammar, look at how you dont even KNOW how to read. I am here voicing my "true" opinion, and I need no proper sentence to convey my message. I aint here writting essays...

Of course, everything is meant to be fun and games, but I dont mind if you take it personal..
Old 07-07-2015 at 07:13 AM   #9
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

And, I cant even begin to illustrate the absolute patheticness of someone who doesnt know how to read, but is far more willing to comment, and TROLL on other's(my) post. The first is a picture of McMaster University, if you did not know it. The second is a picture of Kirkland Corrdctional Institute, to compare it's picture with the picture of the so called "university", SFU, that george lucas posted.
Old 07-07-2015 at 07:36 AM   #10
mike_302
Elite Member

I'm done responding to lunacy, as should others...

Anyways, for any future readers, it should be clear that from the very beginning of MacInsiders forums, that program cut-offs are NOT publicized or officially announced, and certainly not divulged to individual students; Furthermore, looking back at all previous threads, it should be clear that the typical upper-level cut-off is always cited in the 8-9 range... To get into various upper level programs at Mac then, you will NOT be required to achieve nearly an 11, to get into your program of choice.

I'll let the mods deal with the trolling from here on out
Old 07-07-2015 at 08:33 PM   #11
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Lol, it used to be easy in your days pal.. Nowadays, hgih schoolers come in with 89% minimum into McMaster, and free choice is above 90%, so pretty much EVERYONE gets free choice, except a few, who have to FIGHT to get into their programs.. Gone are the days in 2010-2012 when cutoff to McMaster was 85%, and free choice was 90%. I am not saying you guys had it easy, but am saying high school marks are highly inflated now, with multiple loopholes, like summer school, night classes, private school, McMaster accepting repeated marks and stuff..

So, I verified it with an academic advisor, I dont know how else I can prove it to anyone that Mechatronics cut off was 10.9 this year.