MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second year Engineering mfattal General Discussion 4 09-17-2010 10:37 PM
Second Year Engineering Programs chistes First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-18-2010 05:00 PM
Second Year Engineering lmasud First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 03-14-2010 10:42 PM
first year engineering myInteger Academics 9 06-11-2009 01:23 PM

Should I take Co-op for engineering in my first year

Old 08-28-2008 at 01:26 AM   #16
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

Sorry for an off topic question. I'm also in Engineering I this year. Is it possible to take my Level 2 Term 1 in the coming summer (2009 summer)? because I want to take an 8-month co-op term after my Level 2 Term2 so that I can take an 8 month co-op term and graduate before summer.

Are there many international students doing co-op here? Anyone share some experience? Thanks!!
Old 08-29-2008 at 06:01 PM   #17
a-max

Liked: 0 Times

Can I just do a 12 month COOP term after the end of my 4th year? (i.e. classes end April 2012 and COOP term running from May 2012 to April 2013) or does it have to be between 3rd and 4th year?
Old 08-29-2008 at 10:08 PM   #18
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefung View Post
Sorry for an off topic question. I'm also in Engineering I this year. Is it possible to take my Level 2 Term 1 in the coming summer (2009 summer)? because I want to take an 8-month co-op term after my Level 2 Term2 so that I can take an 8 month co-op term and graduate before summer.

Are there many international students doing co-op here? Anyone share some experience? Thanks!!
I don't think you can do all your Level 2 term 1 courses during the summer, as they offer only limited amount of upper yr engineering courses during that time.
Old 08-29-2008 at 10:22 PM   #19
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-max View Post
Can I just do a 12 month COOP term after the end of my 4th year? (i.e. classes end April 2012 and COOP term running from May 2012 to April 2013) or does it have to be between 3rd and 4th year?
If you're in a 5-yr program, you can do it at the end of 4th. If you're in a 4-year program and you do it after 4th year, then your graduation would have to be postponed I suppose since the minimum 12-moths of work has to be completed prior to graduation.

- If anyone has more questions on co-op feel free to drop by the office, give them a call or e-mail them. I'm just answering questions to the best of my ability...so I'm not 100% sure on more specific questions about all the different ways you can do the 12 months of work - sorry!