MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geog 1HB3 AnguishedEnd 1st Year Course Reviews 33 09-23-2013 12:31 PM
geog 1HB3 yum24 General Discussion 1 09-13-2011 08:13 PM
Geog 1hb3 sparks First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-12-2009 09:10 PM

Should I take Geog 1HB3, Geog 1 HA3, or Health Age 1BB3

Old 06-26-2012 at 04:33 PM   #16
gabbynelly

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint0m View Post
Unavoidable. Almost every Commerce class is completely MC. The ones that are not completely MC still have a very large portion of MC integrated into it. The earlier you master it the better. Some profs are extremely fair with their MC, some obvious and a few will **** with your head like you've never experienced before (Giri )
Ah man... not good, evil teacher was right.... well for courses I can choose myself i'll try to avoid it.
Old 06-26-2012 at 04:37 PM   #17
Phaint0m
Account Locked

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbynelly View Post
Ah man... not good, evil teacher was right.... well for courses I can choose myself i'll try to avoid it.
I guarantee you will enjoy MC as 2nd year begins. Don't worry about it.
Old 06-26-2012 at 05:29 PM   #18
L_Blankfein

Liked: 11 Times

Geography 1HA3. You can get a 12 without the textbook
Old 06-26-2012 at 05:45 PM   #19
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
I would take anthropology second semester but it is an evening course and I read that evening courses are bad :(. And my first semester is filled already with courses I want.

I read about the geography courses and they SOUND really interesting (especially 1HB3), but I haven't taken geography since grade nine so I feel like I might screw myself if I take that.

And Health age society sounds so boring... don't like multiple choice that much either and read most evaluations are all multiple choice.

So if anyone can tell me something based on this that would be great.
You won't take a night course because you read that they are bad?!
People are different. If you're a morning person and can't focus beyond dinnertime, then yeah, probably not good for you. But if you're a night person, there's absolutely no reason why a night class would be bad. If anything, they have advantages over normal classes--the lectures usually don't go all three hours, you free up time in the day, etc.

That said, if you're interested in geography then go for it. Just take whatever you're interested in. The vast majority of first year courses aren't hard, it mostly depends on a person's interests and strengths.
Old 06-26-2012 at 08:08 PM   #20
gabbynelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
You won't take a night course because you read that they are bad?!
People are different. If you're a morning person and can't focus beyond dinnertime, then yeah, probably not good for you. But if you're a night person, there's absolutely no reason why a night class would be bad. If anything, they have advantages over normal classes--the lectures usually don't go all three hours, you free up time in the day, etc.

That said, if you're interested in geography then go for it. Just take whatever you're interested in. The vast majority of first year courses aren't hard, it mostly depends on a person's interests and strengths.
Yeah mb you're right... but I'm trying to transition from high school as best i can and don't wanna screw up first year with a night class which i've never done. =.= I am aiming for the morning high school scheduling i guess. overall opinion seems to say that night class is bad soooo... geo day time it is!
Old 06-26-2012 at 08:10 PM   #21
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Yeah mb you're right... but I'm trying to transition from high school as best i can and don't wanna screw up first year with a night class which i've never done. =.= I am aiming for the morning high school scheduling i guess. overall opinion seems to say that night class is bad soooo... geo day time it is!
You know yourself better than other people. What works for other people might not work for you. And from my experience, overall opinion doesn't say night class is bad. But overall opinion is meaningless anyways.
You'll "transition" best by going off of what you know about yourself and your capabilities, not what has worked for other people.
Old 06-26-2012 at 08:27 PM   #22
gabbynelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
You know yourself better than other people. What works for other people might not work for you. And from my experience, overall opinion doesn't say night class is bad. But overall opinion is meaningless anyways.
You'll "transition" best by going off of what you know about yourself and your capabilities, not what has worked for other people.
Maybe but if a lot people don't like a professor then I would think that I wouldn't like them either...! Just basing the overall opinion off of what I read on Macinsiders how classes are too long, it's too late, not enough time for studying, etc, etc.

thanx everyone for their words of wisdom *bows*.
Old 06-26-2012 at 08:29 PM   #23
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Definitely follow your interests, because these courses aren't particularly difficult, but the difference between an 8 and a double digit grade will be your interest and how much work you put in of course .

I took Hth Age 1BB3 and I loved it if you have any interest in aging! For more about the course, check out my review:http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...tr=H& t=37027
Old 07-30-2012 at 09:27 PM   #24
LindseyRose

Liked: 0 Times

Anything Geography is great. But you know, that's me just being bias in my major
Old 07-30-2012 at 09:32 PM   #25
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

I would say a Geo course, both are interesting. One of the reasons why it is my minor.