MacInsiders Logo
View Poll Results: When do you shower?
Morning 84 45.41%
Evening 80 43.24%
Both (twice daily) 21 11.35%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
go train on a friday morning kirsten..! First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 11-17-2010 07:38 AM
LSB this Morning??? britb General Discussion 4 10-04-2010 08:56 PM
Bus to Hamilton GO on a Saturday morning MarissaK General Discussion 3 11-28-2009 12:00 AM
morning classes? kanishka Academics 23 07-27-2009 09:00 PM
The Big Day Tomorrow Morning! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-07-2008 07:37 AM

Showering in the Morning vs Evening??

Old 09-06-2011 at 01:42 AM   #16
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
I shower in the morning for lots of reasons:

1. There are more chances (in my experience) of having a bad hair day when you shower in the evening and not the morning.

2. A couple of times after showering in the evening, I've had nightmares, woken up drenched in sweat, and had no time to take a shower. (I had a frantic "wash at the sink" though, don't worry, I wasn't going around smelling/looking completely gross. )

3. If I shower in the evening, my hair begins to get greasy by the next evening. This is not convenient if I want to look my best for going out with my friends.

4. I like my hair to air dry, and I find that easier to accomplish in the mornings. In the evening, I feel like I have to wait around for forever before I can finally go to bed without wet hair. (Going to bed with wet hair makes for a serious bad hair day for me.)

5. I like to plan out my day in the shower.

6. I do my best thinking in 2 different situations: in the shower (at whatever time of day) and in the morning (once I'm awake, that is.) Put them together and BAM - I figure out the meaning of life (42 ) or a great essay topic.

7. I really like the feeling of starting my day off squeaky clean.

8. If I shower in the morning, it means that I get up earlier and have more time to fully wake up. That means I won't still be half asleep during my 8:30 classes. (I tend to see lots of people that are half asleep and have clearly just thrown on some clothes and sleepily stumbled to class - this is not the best way to learn, but hey, at least they don't skip!)

9. Showers help me to wake up. This would obviously be convenient in the morning, and rather inconvenient in the evening.

10. Tradition. This may not be the greatest reason on the planet, but it's still valid. I shower in the morning because I've been doing so since I started showering as a little tyke. That was because my parents shower in the morning. That's because their parents showered in the morning. I'm not sure about my great grandparents though.
After this post i think you need a shower

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 09-06-2011 at 01:45 AM   #17
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
After this post i think you need a shower
I know, I know, I went a bit overboard, but I'm too excited for school - I crave long-ish answer questions.
Old 09-06-2011 at 06:24 AM   #18
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

MORNING, I feel fresh, clean, ready and not sleepy anymore. I plan my whole day under that hot steamy water. The only problem is that I have to do my hair in the morning, takes sooo much time.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 09-06-2011 at 06:30 AM   #19
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

No A/C in the house + Need to go to work = Showering in the morning

Biochem47 likes this.
Old 09-06-2011 at 06:37 AM   #20
kiol

Liked: 1 Time

I shower right before I go to bed b/c then when I get into bed, my bed is clean, I wake up clean and can just go and start my day right away w/o having to shower. I used to shower in the morning but it takes away an extra 5-10 minutes I guess out of the morning but w.e.
Old 09-06-2011 at 06:46 AM   #21
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

always in the morning, starts my day off. And in the evening if I workout.
Old 09-06-2011 at 07:02 AM   #22
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

If you have short hair you dont have to worry about messy bed hair in the morning

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:11 AM   #23
gmoney

Liked: 21 Times

I like to shower in the evening- I have a thing where I must shower and have clean PJ's before getting into bed... :/ Yes, I am one of those people that will not let you sit on my bed with your dirty "outside" clothes... Also, my hair is very VERY straight (naturally) and I find that when I wash my hair before going to bed, It is perfectly volumeous the next day Usually, it falls completely flat onto my head.

Old 09-06-2011 at 10:29 AM   #24
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I take a shower (whether in the morning or at night) my body tends to warm itself up and I find I can't sleep right away after a shower. And despite that, I use to like only taking a shower at night...because in my mind I didn't want to get up in the morning and do anything extra and feel cold after a shower.

But...now I prefer the morning shower haha. Because it is true it definitely wakes you up and you feel more energized and literally "FRESH." So good

And then there are those other times. When you take a shower for a different reason. And you stay in the shower blasting the hot hot water till there is no more hot hot water

Nareefa likes this.
Old 09-06-2011 at 10:49 AM   #25
xiaxia

Liked: 0 Times

evening....im too lazy to take a shower in the morning
Old 09-06-2011 at 11:12 AM   #26
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

A little update on my response:

Normally, I try to shower in the morning because it helps me get up. Showering in the evening is a hassle because I tend to fall asleep really easily after a long school day and I don't want to go to sleep in the shower. Also, like many other people said, when you shower in the evening, it tends to make your hair go all weird and you wake up in the morning looking like crap. Plus, I find it much harder to get my hair to dry properly in the evening.

However, I will take a shower in the evening if I find myself dirty enough (no innuendo intended, honestly). Like, if I am sweaty, or covered in dirt (hypothetically-speaking), etc. then obviously I'd take a shower. But otherwise, I can wait it out until the morning.

Sadly, I think I am going to be a hypocrite for Term 1 as most of my school days start at 9:30 and that means waking up around 7:30 and catching an early bus, so on those days I'd have to shower in the evening (or maybe in the afternoon right after I come home).

TL;DR: Morning, unless dirty/sweaty or in hurry for early classes.
Old 09-06-2011 at 11:56 AM   #27
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

In the morning. I'm not a morning person at all and I find it helps me wake up to shower then. I also find that I just feel better overall when I shower in the morning, more awake/clean/ready to go about my day. As some other posters have said, I find my hair comes out better if I shower in the morning too. I would say the only exception is if I know I'm going to have a really late night with an assignment or studying and I know I will want the extra sleep in the morning, so in that case sometimes I'll shower at night instead.
Old 09-06-2011 at 12:03 PM   #28
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Both. To be fresh early in the 830am class and after gym session in the evening.
Old 09-06-2011 at 01:27 PM   #29
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

People who shower in the morning:

do you change ur bed sheets often?
Old 09-06-2011 at 01:31 PM   #30
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post