MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LSB this Morning??? britb General Discussion 4 10-04-2010 08:56 PM
Go Train ID Taryn328 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-04-2010 02:50 PM
Go Bus / Train Help jordan23 General Discussion 2 09-11-2009 12:35 PM
GO Bus/Train to Scarborough niteskie First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-07-2009 11:43 AM
go train? neff First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-12-2008 11:32 AM

go train on a friday morning

Old 11-16-2010 at 12:15 AM   #1
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

there's a go train to union station that leaves at 715am on friday from the hamilton go centre, i was just wondering if anyone knows if it'd be super busy since its a friday morning? and it's also the last train from the hamilton go centre that day (3 trains come earlier..)
i'm not good with transportation stuff... could you be turned away if the train was too full ?
thanks !
Old 11-16-2010 at 12:20 AM   #2
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

well if its starts in hamilton or well near there n ur going to union it shoulding be THAT packed when u get on n no i dont think u can get turned down if a train is too full

kirsten..! says thanks to MCHEDDENITE for this post.
Old 11-16-2010 at 01:03 AM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirs View Post
there's a go train to union station that leaves at 715am on friday from the hamilton go centre, i was just wondering if anyone knows if it'd be super busy since its a friday morning? and it's also the last train from the hamilton go centre that day (3 trains come earlier..)
i'm not good with transportation stuff... could you be turned away if the train was too full ?
thanks !
1) There are no trains that go immediately from Hamilton Go Centre to Union. What you need to do is either catch a Go BUS (platform 9, IIRC) to Aldershot and hop the Go TRAIN to Union, or you can catch a Go BUS (Platform 8 IIRC, the QEW Express) and this will take you straight to Union.

2) I haven't seen it happen, but I'm pretty sure people can be denied service to a go bus if it's too full. Probably some safety/fire code thing. Best thing to do is arrive 15ish minutes early and line up (people normally start to line up 10 minutes before the bus arrives). It's first come first serve, and I'd say mornings are a peak time.

3) Even if there was a train that went straight from Hamilton to Union, there's no way that a 7:15 am is the LAST train of the day... The trains and go busses run all day till like 1am, IIRC.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-16-2010 at 01:23 AM   #4
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
1) There are no trains that go immediately from Hamilton Go Centre to Union. What you need to do is either catch a Go BUS (platform 9, IIRC) to Aldershot and hop the Go TRAIN to Union, or you can catch a Go BUS (Platform 8 IIRC, the QEW Express) and this will take you straight to Union.

2) I haven't seen it happen, but I'm pretty sure people can be denied service to a go bus if it's too full. Probably some safety/fire code thing. Best thing to do is arrive 15ish minutes early and line up (people normally start to line up 10 minutes before the bus arrives). It's first come first serve, and I'd say mornings are a peak time.

3) Even if there was a train that went straight from Hamilton to Union, there's no way that a 7:15 am is the LAST train of the day... The trains and go busses run all day till like 1am, IIRC.
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...ion =HMGO&new=

it shows a go train @ 7:15am that goes to union ? and if you scroll over through all the times its the last train that departs from hamilton go for the day

or am i missing something...
Old 11-16-2010 at 01:32 AM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirs View Post
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...ion =HMGO&new=

it shows a go train @ 7:15am that goes to union ? and if you scroll over through all the times its the last train that departs from hamilton go for the day

or am i missing something...
There is no longer a train beginning in Hamilton.

I don't care what the website says, if you want to show up and wait for a train that will never be there, go ahea

Edit: even if I'm somehow wrong, it's still not the only way to get out of Hamilton. Point #1 in my first post is how people regularly do the commute, and it runs all day.

edit #2: wtf lol, who else knew about this.
http://thesil.ca/blog/news/go-extend...n-to-hamilton/

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 11-16-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2010 at 05:47 AM   #6
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

K so you can definitely be turned away from the GO train or bus, I've seen it happen. The buses go every half and hour or maybe even more often than that, so if you miss one you don't have to wait very long for the next one.

I had heard that they were talking about extending the train to Hamilton but I never knew when it was going to happen.

Old 11-16-2010 at 07:33 AM   #7
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I took the train from Hamilton to Union every day during the summer, the 7:15 train is empty at Hamilton, you can definitely grab a seat, but once you get to Oakville the train is packed, I've never seen people on the train get turned away, but I've seen that happen on the bus.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 11-16-2010 at 09:58 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

The first stop is Hamilton before it goes on to Burlington, Aldershot, etc, all the way. So it should be close to empty! First, because it's 7:15, second because a train that takes 500+ people won't be full form just Hamilton! It usually gets busy when you get to Oakville and beyond.
Old 11-16-2010 at 10:04 PM   #9
LukeEngineer

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Am I the only one that thought this thread was going to be about workouts ?
Old 11-16-2010 at 10:13 PM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEngineer View Post
Yes.

12 chars.
Old 11-17-2010 at 01:20 AM   #11
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeEngineer View Post
Haha looks like it.
Old 11-17-2010 at 02:25 AM   #12
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
There is no longer a train beginning in Hamilton.

I don't care what the website says, if you want to show up and wait for a train that will never be there, go ahea

Edit: even if I'm somehow wrong, it's still not the only way to get out of Hamilton. Point #1 in my first post is how people regularly do the commute, and it runs all day.

edit #2: wtf lol, who else knew about this.
http://thesil.ca/blog/news/go-extend...n-to-hamilton/
ye i knew... but it runs at RANDOM hours... not like the other services where its around evry 30-60 mins
Old 11-17-2010 at 07:38 AM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
ye i knew... but it runs at RANDOM hours... not like the other services where its around evry 30-60 mins
True, but it's definitely much better than nothing! And I don't exactly like the bus to Union, it's too crowded sometimes and the train is more comfortable.