MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go Bus / Train Help jordan23 General Discussion 2 09-11-2009 12:35 PM
GO Bus/Train to Scarborough niteskie First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-07-2009 11:43 AM
go train? neff First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-12-2008 11:32 AM

Go Train ID

Old 08-04-2010 at 12:29 PM   #1
Taryn328

Liked: 0 Times

Go Train ID
I'm going to be commuting in the fall via train/bus and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to obtain a student ID for GO transit. I've heard several different things about the process so I'm a little confused

thanks for any advice!

Last edited by Taryn328 : 08-04-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2010 at 12:51 PM   #2
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

when I did it a couple of years ago I just needed to fill something out via mugsi and picked it up at compass. But I'm reading some instructions right now and it's talking about needing to get letters from the registrar and some shit. Just go ask compass, they'll know.
Old 08-04-2010 at 12:58 PM   #3
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

GO Student ID

No more GO Student ID cards?

That's right! To further encourage the use of public transit, the Office of Sustainability has worked with GO Transit to make the process of receiving a student discount as simple as possible. McMaster University students no longer need to have a GO Student ID card in order to receive discounted GO Transit tickets. Now your McMaster University Student ID card is the key! GO Transit offers student discounts of approximately 10% to 30% on the adult 10-ride ticket price and adult monthly passes with a valid McMaster University Student ID card. All that is required is for students to show their McMaster Student ID card as proof of their status and eligibility of receiving a GO Transit student discount.
The criteria for eligibility, set by GO Transit, will remain the same. Students must be full-time and fully registered to receive the student discount.

Ish001 says thanks to cjdzl for this post.
Old 08-04-2010 at 01:11 PM   #4
Ace0fSpades

Liked: 26 Times

Yeah we've been able to just use our student IDs since last summer. But we'll need the updated sticker on our IDs if we want to use our discount tickets after August 31st
Old 08-04-2010 at 01:25 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

I'm sooo happy that the 09/10 sticker worked through the summer. I've been getting my GO monthlies for waaaaay cheaper.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-04-2010 at 02:50 PM   #6
Taryn328

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks for all the information