MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Les Prince in-room bathroom kelly Les Prince Forum 6 08-13-2011 10:38 AM
Parking on side road Chris98 General Discussion 3 09-25-2010 02:59 PM
Two mini fridges in a double room (Les Prince)? Ohmz Residence & Housing 3 09-12-2009 04:48 PM
Talk a Walk on the Wild Side ferreinm Misc 1 09-17-2008 03:14 PM

Side of room at Les prince?!

Old 06-25-2013 at 06:59 PM   #1
torstevenson

Liked: 0 Times

Side of room at Les prince?!
Just found out my res info and I'm in a double room #603... so I have a high ceiling, but what side of the building do I face?!
Old 06-25-2013 at 07:57 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

A thread on this already exists in the Les Prince forums: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...oms-44186.html
Old 06-25-2013 at 08:14 PM   #3
torstevenson

yea I saw that but it was a bit confusing, which way then will 603 be facing??
Old 06-25-2013 at 08:56 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torstevenson View Post
yea I saw that but it was a bit confusing, which way then will 603 be facing??
It seems pretty clear to me:
Quote:
odd rooms face the forest while even rooms face the football field

Amaryll likes this.
Old 06-25-2013 at 09:43 PM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

youre lucky. facing the field sucks because they will play loud ass music on random days.

banana93 likes this.
Old 06-25-2013 at 10:15 PM   #6
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
youre lucky. facing the field sucks because they will play loud ass music on random days.
I was on LP facing the field side and really...the entire 1st term I had to suffer with the music even during my midterm season. They would especially play on weekends and that's when I do most of the studying to catch up. I know its probably for the sports team, but I felt like burning down the field during midterm periods. Also one of my friend took a view from my window and posted on her Facebook and more than 30 people liked it and I wasn't happy about that. They don't know my pain.lol
But for those enjoying sports and like to have fun other than studying then LP even rooms would be the best view.

torstevenson likes this.
Old 06-25-2013 at 10:20 PM   #7
starfish
Elite Member

I had a room facing the field also and the noise didn't bother me at all...and I even kept my window open 24/7 from Oct 1 right up until the end of April, with the exception of one day when snow was blowing into my room like crazy.

The sunlight bothered me way more than the noise

torstevenson likes this.
Old 06-25-2013 at 10:33 PM   #8
torstevenson

I meant the part that was posted later, if you read it

Quote:
The odds and evens part is wrong.

First floor is only a half floor so what I'm about to say doesn't apply to first floor.

For every other floor, rooms 1-14 will face the football field (it increases going down one wing of the hall). Then 15-about 28 will face the forest (increasing going back up the same side). And then on the other wing (since LP has both a North and a South wing for every floor but the first) from 29-somewhere in the 40s, it will be facing the forest. And then when it hits the end of that wing, it turns back around and every room from then on faces the football field.
Old 06-25-2013 at 10:44 PM   #9
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I had a room facing the field also and the noise didn't bother me at all...and I even kept my window open 24/7 from Oct 1 right up until the end of April, with the exception of one day when snow was blowing into my room like crazy.

The sunlight bothered me way more than the noise
really?hm....I never thought of myself to be too sensitive. Well..I got used to it in the end. But how the hell did you keep your window open for last winter? lol
Old 06-25-2013 at 10:48 PM   #10
banana93

Oh! My friend's room was on the top floor and she had spiders as her roommates. Her room was facing the forest, perhaps that's where they appeared from? Sixth floor last year was just so peaceful and quiet. b
Old 06-26-2013 at 10:02 AM   #11
tfcfan01

Liked: Liked 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by torstevenson View Post
Just found out my res info and I'm in a double room #603... so I have a high ceiling, but what side of the building do I face?!
603 is near the elevators, facing the field, kinda in the middle of the floor