MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
Engineering 1 Time Tables xxsumz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 105 08-28-2009 03:04 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Time Tables Shreya Academics 4 08-09-2008 02:09 PM

Since the time tables are down...

Old 08-10-2008 at 10:57 PM   #1
AlbertD

Liked: 0 Times

Since the time tables are down...
I have a conflict on my second semester regarding one of my electivs. It wasn't put on my schedule because it conflicts against my core. I'm a first-year engineering student and the particular elective is Music History.

In case I can't get a last minute suggestion from someone before the re-scheduling opens (which is highly possible...) what should I do tomorrow?
Old 08-10-2008 at 11:08 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

If music history conflicts with something that you need for your degree there's nothing you can do but change it for another elective or wait to take it another year. Required courses trump electives.

Old 08-10-2008 at 11:11 PM   #3
AlbertD

Will I get penalized or anything for not completing the total 37 credits I needed to earn for the first year if I take it another year? Also, will it be too late for me to take another electives now?
Old 08-10-2008 at 11:20 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

You have to complete the 37 units in order to move on to year 2. You could take the extra units during the summer but the grade you get will only count towards your cumulative GPA.

You may not get into another elective right now but when the drop/add period comes in September you will get into another elective. There will be a lot of people changing courses during that period so I promise you that you will get another elective.

Old 08-10-2008 at 11:29 PM   #5
AlbertD

hmm, alright. so should I just ignore the conflict for tomorrow? (or later today)
Old 08-10-2008 at 11:36 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Try to fix it if you can on SOLAR before September, if not then yes wait until September. Don't drop the Music class just in case SOLAR does something stupid like tell you that you're not fully registered because you're under the unit count. In Sept you can switch it around for something else.