MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a Job on Campus? Hanna Volunteering Opportunities 6 10-14-2010 02:44 PM
The rink at oak knoll park HG88 Athletics & Recreation 2 12-17-2009 09:01 PM
DC++ Off Campus Waaaaataccc General Discussion 16 11-28-2008 10:57 AM
Getting Around Campus Mariah First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-15-2008 01:11 PM

Skating Rink on Campus?

Old 10-07-2007 at 10:23 PM   #1
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Skating Rink on Campus?
Skating Rink on Campus?
By Danielle Lorenz

You may not know, or believe this about me, but I figure skated for eight years. Since quitting however, (and growing a little bit) I decided to buy hockey skates as you could buy good quality ones for much cheaper (my skates when I quit cost $500; the hockey skates I bought $175). Each and every time I come home during the winter months (which I admit is not often); I go ice skating at an outdoor rink.

Unfortunately, because I do not have a car while I am in Hamilton, there is nowhere close by where I can skate. I see this as being quite unfortunate because skating is a good form of exercise, and it also allows one to be outside, yet not chilly. This may change, however. Your friendly neighborhood MSU Board of Directors has administered a survey which asks students if they would want an outdoor ice rink.

They survey is very short (only eight questions), and will be used to determine student interest in the possibility of having an outdoor skating rink on campus. Please fill it out! You can access the survey directly here: http://www.msu.mcmaster.ca/bod/skating.php. In addition, you can also add your friends to the Facebook group, which has a link to the survey http://mcmaster.facebook.com /group...3 4840&ref=mf.

Please, take the time to vote and hopefully we can have a rink this winter!

Last edited by lorend : 05-28-2008 at 10:57 PM.