MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Work 3F03 - social work with groups sinthusized 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 12-10-2011 03:54 PM
Faux-LAN Gatherings? Toast Gaming 4 10-30-2010 10:14 PM

Social Gatherings

Old 07-05-2012 at 08:23 AM   #1
THE_TJUICE

Liked: 0 Times

Social Gatherings
What's the policy for having Social Gatherings in your room? And what's the max number of people you can have?
Old 07-05-2012 at 08:27 AM   #2
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

there's really only one rule:
DON'T GET CAUGHT
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

xxsumz says thanks to Rayine for this post.

Old 07-05-2012 at 08:35 AM   #3
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Not sure about that as I didnt live in res, but a note you cant offically have guest ( ppl who dont live in rez) during welcome week or during exam period
Old 07-05-2012 at 08:41 AM   #4
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

No one really checks who's going in or coming out of Rez, except on Fridays. But even on that day, all they do is check the MacID of the visitors coming into Rez.

The limit? As many of them that can fit in. The rooms are pretty small. The gatherings were usual in the Basement or the Lounge of your Rez.
Old 07-05-2012 at 08:51 AM   #5
Flash AhhAhh

Liked: 28 Times

For people in your room at one time (if I remember correctly) its two per person (so if your roommate is there as well they can be accountable for two people as well)

CA's aren't too strict with that kind of thing unless its exams, and even then I don't remember anyone really having a problem (unless they were found out because of the noise level or other minor (or major) infractions)
Old 07-05-2012 at 10:42 AM   #6
THE_TJUICE

So say I wanted to have all the people on my floor in Bates over during welcome week, i'd just have to keep it low key and I should be good? What happens if you get infractions? Is there like a penalty you have to pay?
Old 07-05-2012 at 11:19 AM   #7
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Firstly, a social gathering? just say a party theres no need to hide it. Second, I doubt you will get everyone on your floor to go to a party, but good luck on it! I lived in Bates my first year and the TAs might come by and tell you to keep things down. The worst you can get is a minor or major infraction. Both of which wont kill you to have. If you go through first year without getting any... you really have no social life at all!

RememberTwce, THE_TJUICE like this.
Old 07-05-2012 at 11:23 AM   #8
THE_TJUICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Firstly, a social gathering? just say a party theres no need to hide it. Second, I doubt you will get everyone on your floor to go to a party, but good luck on it! I lived in Bates my first year and the TAs might come by and tell you to keep things down. The worst you can get is a minor or major infraction. Both of which wont kill you to have. If you go through first year without getting any... you really have no social life at all!
Lmao alright thanks buddy.

Chris23 says thanks to THE_TJUICE for this post.
Old 07-05-2012 at 08:28 PM   #9
jxu93

I see you teet juice, already researching the repercussions of our frosh jam. It's goin down for sure
Old 07-06-2012 at 03:35 AM   #10
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

The rule is "one guest per roommate" and " no parties in your room". Just don't get caught..
Old 07-06-2012 at 08:39 AM   #11
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

No DO get caught its not a party if the CAs arent involved. Make it big and see how many people you can get! Bates is the best!
Old 07-06-2012 at 10:46 AM   #12
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
The rule is "one guest per roommate" and " no parties in your room". Just don't get caught..
never seen this enforced and never heard of it. they only bust you if its loud. if you have like 4 'extra' people in your room who dont live there and youre just chilling or something they wont care.
Old 07-06-2012 at 04:20 PM   #13
katrinab

Liked: 3 Times

During the year on thursday, friday, and saturday nights you're only allowed to sign 1 person in after 8pm, so if you plan on having more people just make sure they come over before 8pm and you're good to go.

Frosh week I don't think you're allowed to sign anyone in, so again make sure they're inside by 8pm.

taayholds likes this.
Old 07-13-2012 at 04:33 PM   #14
fusionorchid

Liked: 6 Times

if you're quiet, no one will notice, hence no one will care.

in terms of overnight guests, then the rules are a bit different. During welcome week, no guests are allowed. during exam time, no overnight guests are allowed, but you're allowed to have one study buddy, and you need to be in a study room (they only allowed that last year, so i'm not sure if they'll allow it again this year). during all the other days of the school year, your guest will need to sign in on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays if they enter the building after 9pm. so just get them in before 9, don't do anything stupid to draw attention, and you won't get caught. CA's (generally) don't go out of their way to kick out guests unless they know you're up to no good =P
Old 07-13-2012 at 04:59 PM   #15
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
never seen this enforced and never heard of it. they only bust you if its loud. if you have like 4 'extra' people in your room who dont live there and youre just chilling or something they wont care.
It is only enforced if it gets noticeable.