MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Work 3F03 - social work with groups sinthusized 3rd Year Course Reviews 0 12-10-2011 03:54 PM
Faux-LAN Gatherings? Toast Gaming 4 10-30-2010 10:14 PM

Social Gatherings

Old 07-13-2012 at 05:31 PM   #16
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

^so you're saying i can only have 1 person in my room that is with me? or are you talking about signing in? if the former, what if i want to play monopoly and my roommate isn't there? thats a dumb rule to be able to only have 1 person in your room. and i have never seen it forced. if this is a rule then every CA breaks it too.
Old 07-13-2012 at 06:13 PM   #17
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

We had a number of decent sized parties in Bates during the school year but during welcome week the CAs were a little more vigilant
Old 07-16-2012 at 11:35 AM   #18
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Screw the CAs, they give up eventually, do what you want, have fun and just enjoy your first year experience. The CAs were all in your shoes a few years ago, and did all of the things that they are supposed to be stopping you from doing, the most you will get is a warning.
Old 07-25-2012 at 05:28 PM   #19
jitnikovi

Liked: 13 Times

i cant speak for everyone but from my experience in both woodstock and bates and les princes the ca's were all quite strict last year. very by the book and no letting it slide
Old 07-25-2012 at 05:32 PM   #20
Griffindoor
Account Locked

Liked: 5 Times

yea CAs can be brutal but it depends who you get... Sometimes the really nice ones get fired, try to befriend CAs early and not make it harder for them but still do what you want. You won't be kicked out over dumb shit, I've seen people that have crossed the line on numerous occasions just get relocated to a new (better) rez. You can sneak people into your room before 9pm on thurs/fri/sat. Otherwise there arent CAs doing sign ins. The 1 person rule is new last year it used to be 2 people.

I live off-campus by pure chance with one of the CAs that gave me a massively hard time on rez first year... Needless to say he's moving out in september xD

Someone posted 8pm sign ins... Is it really 8pm one person now? Wowwww
Old 07-25-2012 at 05:57 PM   #21
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Yeah, just don't get caught easy as that
Old 07-26-2012 at 01:58 AM   #22
nmerwin

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp31 View Post
Yeah, just don't get caught easy as that
Don't listen to this guy, befriend your CA, get to know them, they'll soften up in the long run, even if it means being a little quite during welcome week.

(Just kidding phil, love all around bro )
Old 07-26-2012 at 09:13 AM   #23
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

This is probably going to sound really obvious, but make sure everyone knows to check the peep hole before opening the door.
When youre all hanging out and having a good time and someone knocks on the door, if youre like me youll be like "yay someone else is coming over!" and swing the door wide open to welcome the person. Only to find your CA standing right there, who can now see all the people in your room, and possibly all the alcohol everyone has in their hand.

Sounds obvious, but I often forgot to check.

THE_TJUICE likes this.