MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
social sciences anyone? :) leedermp Introduce Yourself 10 08-31-2010 09:14 PM
Social Sciences KBrunson First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-31-2010 02:14 PM
Course Help - Social Sciences steph.elle First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 06-27-2010 08:32 PM
Social Sciences - Last Second Help Ruggedman Academics 1 07-03-2008 11:31 AM

Social Sciences Timetable?

Old 06-26-2010 at 12:26 AM   #1
ShiningStar

Liked: 2 Times

Social Sciences Timetable?
Hey, so I just finished making a 'mock timetable', and I'm thinking that I've got it sorted out. I've seen that lots of people are posting theirs online to get feedback, and I was wondering if people could do the same for me- I'd appreciate it!

P.S. The only way that I could fit the philosophy course I wanted into term 2 with the term 3 sociology course & tutorial was the give myself 10 minutes between classes on Wednesday, between 5:20 and 5:30. I'm going to choose certain cores so that my philosophy class will be in CHESTER NEW HALL, and then my tutorial for sociology will be in KENNETH TAYLOR HALL. I'm under the impression that these two buildings are really close together and that I'll be able to make it from place to place in under 10 minutes and NOT be late for class everyday. Am I on the right track? Or am I totally setting myself up for failure here..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mocktimetableterm1.jpg (30.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg mocktimetableterm2.jpg (32.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-26-2010 at 01:09 AM   #2
atyclb

Liked: 1 Time

I think it looks pretty good. You have a few large empty gaps in your schedule though. That's something most people tend to avoid. Especially if you're living off campus because then you have to find ways to kill time on campus.

Chester New Hall and Kenneth Taylor Hall are really close and are actually connected through the basement so you'll have no problem getting to where you need to go in 10 mins. In my experience you can actually get to most places on campus in 10 mins or less so I wouldn't worry about that too much while picking classes. There's obviously a few that will be tricky to get to in 10 mins though like ITB basement to KTH basement (opposite ends of campus) was probably the worst trip I had to make inbetween classes and I usually made it just in time maybe a minute or so late.
Old 06-26-2010 at 01:16 AM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Before classes start you should familiarize yourself with the Art Quad basement, it can get quite confusing. But after 1-2 weeks of class you should be good ^-^
Old 06-26-2010 at 01:42 AM   #4
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

I definitely agree with Jhan, familiarize yourself with the Arts Quad...
Togo Salmon Hall, Chester New, as well as Kenneth Taylor can get mixed up pretty easily. O_O
They all look the same, in my opinion. xD

As far as your schedule, it looks great for a Soc Sci student. (Y)
Looked similar to mine when I was in first year.

Old 06-26-2010 at 01:58 AM   #5
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
But after 1-2 weeks of class you should be good ^-^
Speak for yourself, I still get lost down there.
Old 06-26-2010 at 07:27 AM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Speak for yourself, I still get lost down there.
I guess I just have a really good sense of location...

I would also like to state that each basement has a different floor colour. CNH for example has green. I think the most confusing basement is KTH (Black floors?). TSH is ok (Brown floors?)
Old 06-26-2010 at 11:08 AM   #7
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Yeah, the KTH & TSH basement floors are SO confusing. But I've gotten used to it pretty fast being in social sciences and humanities (they just love it down there).

As for the timetable, there are huge gaps, which could be a good thing, you have time to relax and/or nap inbetween classes and do homework (which most people don't).
Old 06-26-2010 at 01:35 PM   #8
ShiningStar

Ahh, awesome. Thanks everybody! I'm a little less stressed about the whole 'picking courses' thing now, haha. Is your actual timetable usually the same (or close to) your mock timetable?
Old 06-26-2010 at 01:50 PM   #9
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Hmm, I guess it depends on how many cores and tutorials there are for each class.
The more cores/tutorials available, the more room there is for flexibility.
Mine was pretty similar, from what I can remember.

Even if you DO get an early morning tutorial or something you didn't exactly want, you can change it after the 7 day period ends. ^_^

Old 06-27-2010 at 02:08 AM   #10
tek-zilla

Liked: 1 Time

How did you get philosophy in term 2?
Old 06-28-2010 at 04:07 PM   #11
ShiningStar

The Philo 1E03 is only available in term 2 from what I could see.