MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sociology 1A06 (Intro to Sociology) Goce 1st Year Course Reviews 63 08-26-2015 12:04 AM
Honors Sociology Question: Sociology 3H06 tee33 Academics 0 03-24-2010 07:06 PM
Soc 2c06 Aysha_SM Academics 0 10-26-2008 04:22 PM
Philosophy 2C06 ferreinm 2nd Year Course Reviews 0 06-27-2008 09:07 AM

Sociology 2C06 - Deviant Behaviour

Old 06-21-2009 at 11:29 PM   #1
AlchemistX

Liked: 11 Times

Sociology 2C06 - Deviant Behaviour
Hey I'm going into second year commerce and I want to take sociology as an elective. I've just got a couple of questions, has anyone taken this course and if so how did you find it compared to sociology 1a06, is it a demanding course and what are some other electives that would be good for a commerce student?
Old 06-21-2009 at 11:42 PM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemistX View Post
Hey I'm going into second year commerce and I want to take sociology as an elective. I've just got a couple of questions, has anyone taken this course and if so how did you find it compared to sociology 1a06, is it a demanding course and what are some other electives that would be good for a commerce student?
While sociology isn't my thing (I took Socio 1A06 and hated it), other electives that are good for a commerce student would be any economics courses, because it's really easy to do an econ minor as a commerce student.

Econ 2H03 is a really good elective to choose (If Rashid Khan is teaching it). It's what I chose last year to take.
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:56 AM   #3
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

@Gregory, bad bad idea to recommend 2H03 to someone who doesn't have a solid econ background.Rashid Khan is nowhere near my list of most favourite teachers of all time, he was very very ineffective and confusing prof(a sentiment shared by almost all of the students, alot of whom hardly attended) but what makes this course probably easy is that he just splashes everything from the course guide old exams to the exam/test CONFIRM. No effort for new material at ALL! However the big IF is that the above person understands Basic econ :S

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 06-22-2009 at 07:33 AM   #4
AlchemistX

Liked: 11 Times

I understand basic econ, i got 8s in both 1b03 and 1bb3, i just finished econ 2x03 in term one of the summer semester hopefully i get a 7 or an 8 (i went into the exam with a 7). I just don't like econ that much. Since i did a course over the summer should i try my hand at upper year commerce courses? (i have 6 units free for electives). Thanks guys