Edwards - Introduce yourself! _Luu_ Edwards Hall Forum 36 06-25-2013 02:19 PM
Hedden - Introduce yourself! Chad Hedden Hall Forum 108 08-08-2012 10:13 AM
Introduce Yourself! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 06-08-2010 03:41 PM

SOCS - Introduce yourself!

Old 07-15-2010 at 11:40 AM   #16
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

great idea! My name's Garrett and I'll be going into Engineering. It takes me about an hour on the bus or 15 minutes in the car to get down to MAC
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:41 AM   #17
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

First year rep just means its your first time as a rep. So if you become a rep this year (selection is in the spring) next Welcome Week will be your first time. I encourage you to try out, its always a blast!

The details aren't 100% finalized for my house yet (long story), but its probably going to be around $450 plus utilities.
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:54 AM   #18
cory_1991

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
First year rep just means its your first time as a rep. So if you become a rep this year (selection is in the spring) next Welcome Week will be your first time. I encourage you to try out, its always a blast!

The details aren't 100% finalized for my house yet (long story), but its probably going to be around $450 plus utilities.
Im really excited about joining SOCS because it will probably be really fun and I might try out to be a rep for next year. Im happy with commuting next year because really it's not far at all and Im curious to see how far other people's cummutes are.
Anyways, I thinking about getting a house for my second year and I was just curious about prices.

Thanks,

Cory
Old 07-15-2010 at 11:55 AM   #19
cory_1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPat View Post
great idea! My name's Garrett and I'll be going into Engineering. It takes me about an hour on the bus or 15 minutes in the car to get down to MAC
Hey Garrett!

Thanks for the post. Congrats on getting into Engineering and maybe Ill see you around campus!
Old 07-15-2010 at 12:13 PM   #20
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

You definitely should!

House prices are usually a bit less depending on the area, this one is a bit more expensive than I would have liked (and I won't be able to look at it to make a final decision until Welcome day).
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:01 PM   #21
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory_1991 View Post
Hey thanks for the post 20 minutes isn't that bad really. And don't worry, I know if you join SOCS (Im joining on Welcome Day and it costs $5 last time I heard, just so you know) they will keep us updated with all the events. Or if you have facebook you can keep updated there Anyway, have fun in Kinesiology and maybe I'll see you around campus.

Cory

PS: I do my own laundry but I sometimes get the meals made for me
Commuting will be fun.
Yeah, I'm not complaining about my 25 minute commute, especially seeing as I have a car and it's even shorter than my bus ride to school last year. But, parking prices... eesh!

Haha, yeah, home cooked meals are definitely some of the perks of living at home! Although I'll probably have to start making my own meals once school starts because most of my classes go until 5:30 and I can't last until I get home after 6 to eat supper!

I've actually discovered the joy of laundry too, haha. Especially my swift 5 second fold technique.
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:14 PM   #22
shay2014

Liked: 4 Times

Shavayah here

I'm going into humanities ( communication studies and multimedia and i'm SUPER excited)
I live on the border of burlington and oakville, a.k.a. burloak so it's about a 20 minute commute for me. Hope to meet all of you in the fall
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:23 PM   #23
cory_1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2014 View Post
Shavayah here

I'm going into humanities ( communication studies and multimedia and i'm SUPER excited)
I live on the border of burlington and oakville, a.k.a. burloak so it's about a 20 minute commute for me. Hope to meet all of you in the fall
Hey nice to meet you Shavayah. Yeah I know where Burloak is so thats not a bad drive. Im in Humanities too, but for history. What courses are you taking? Maybe we have some electives?
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:27 PM   #24
greeno03

Liked: 0 Times

Hey my Name is Brittany, Im transferring from U of T and I will be living off Campus in west dale. I can't wait to start in the fall
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:29 PM   #25
Caleb

Liked: 0 Times

Burloak, very nice. It takes me about 45 minutes average to get to Mac on the HSR from the east mountain, depending on connections.
I'm a second year Humanities student going for a combined honours French/Classics (probably switching to French/History next year). I took a bunch of histories last year, so I may have some helpful textbooks for cheaper than Titles...
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:33 PM   #26
shay2014

Liked: 4 Times

communications 1A03
culture studies 1CS3
french 1K06
inquiry 1HU3
multimedia 1B03
...philosophy 1E03
sociology 1A06
thre&flm 1T03

Those are the courses i'm taking. What about you? and History major, nice! I was never that good at history. ahha
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:33 PM   #27
cory_1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Burloak, very nice. It takes me about 45 minutes average to get to Mac on the HSR from the east mountain, depending on connections.
I'm a second year Humanities student going for a combined honours French/Classics (probably switching to French/History next year). I took a bunch of histories last year, so I may have some helpful textbooks for cheaper than Titles...
Hey,

I was wondering if maybe you could give me some details or insider information possibly on some of my courses?

Im taking:
History 1A03
History 1AA3
History 1BB3
Philosophy 1A03
German 1Z06
Music 1A03
Music 1AA3
Religious Studies 1B06

I was also wondering where to find the necessary books that we are supposed to have. Do we have to wait for our day and for our pressor to tell us? And where can I get the cheapest books?

Cory
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:35 PM   #28
cory_1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno03 View Post
Hey my Name is Brittany, Im transferring from U of T and I will be living off Campus in west dale. I can't wait to start in the fall
Hey Brittany,

Welcome to McMaster! I'm only going into first year, but maybe I will see you around campus? what program are you in?

Cory

PS: How much is it costing you for you house?
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:39 PM   #29
cory_1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2014 View Post
communications 1A03
culture studies 1CS3
french 1K06
inquiry 1HU3
multimedia 1B03
...philosophy 1E03
sociology 1A06
thre&flm 1T03

Those are the courses i'm taking. What about you? and History major, nice! I was never that good at history. ahha
I LOVE history lol My goal is to teach at highschool or maybe get my PhD and be a professor???

I have:
History 1A03
History 1AA3
History 1BB3
German 1Z06
Philosophy 1A03
Music 1A03
Music 1AA3
Religious Studies 1B06

Unfortunately no classes together lol but I will probably see you around campus! More than likely some of our courses will be in the same building! Let me know how Inquiry goes! I was thinking of taking it, but it interfered with another course (I think one of the histories if Im right)

Cory
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:54 PM   #30
Lilylune

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Whoo SOCS!

Hey Cory, nice seeing you again I was going to respond again to your other thread but decided to just post here instead. (And wow, History was the subject I did horrible in no matter how hard I tried. )

Are all of you commuting from home? Or just from somewhere offcampus? If sooo how much are you guys paying/how far?