MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Of Business (DeGroote School of Business) Chad Academics 58 09-12-2011 10:53 AM
Business Co-op kuruczpa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-17-2010 08:16 AM
Mac Business I :D MTK3 Introduce Yourself 5 06-24-2010 01:43 AM
order of business maturegoose Academics 5 08-27-2008 09:25 AM

Software/Hardware/Business/Music Guys - want to help start a business?

Old 12-11-2010 at 12:13 PM   #1
benjs

Liked: 7 Times

Software/Hardware/Business/Music Guys - want to help start a business?
Hi,

I have an idea and would like to monetize it, and have a fairly good understanding on how to do so. That said, I know I can't do this alone. This idea involves the production of proprietary software and simple wireless communication devices, used together in an attempt to revolutionize (and I mean that) the live music industry's consumption of guitarist-related sound manipulation (effects) from financial (cheaper for a guitarist to sound good) and quality (make a guitarist sound better) standpoints.

A rough outline of where I need help:

-Defining what a guitarist looks for in his or her sound - ie. what is important within reverberation, what qualities should it have
-Creating a multi-platform GUI for controlling parameters, to be controlled by very low-level inputs (ie. four choices for input)
-Creating an elegant eCommerce set-up
-Electronic device with basic wireless data transfer (BlueTooth or WiFi), and power distribution
-Licensing agreements, and how they are obtained
-Real-time applications of functions rented (those through licensing agreements)

Essentially, I am looking for people who want to contribute their own time, as I am, towards the R & D of a system for guitarists which I believe can, first, make a guitarist happier with their sound - by making it more affordable to sound better, and second, make some serious money - and on a continuous basis. If you feel you could be an asset to a team which aims to do what I have described, feel free to contact me at [email protected], and I will provide a more detailed outline of this system. It is fairly elaborate, hence why I didn't post it here. For the record, I'm a third year Civil Engineering student with a strong passion for music and computers.
Old 12-11-2010 at 08:29 PM   #2
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

It seems as though you have a very ambitious idea, i'm not one to tell someone that their idea is impractical, but i truly believe that you scaled down your idea into more bite sized chunks it would be more plausible.

If i'm understanding you correctly it sounds like you want to make some kind of quasi-midi device w/ software, i think your idea is too complex at this point and you should focus on singular developments, such as creating you GUI or Electronic Device one at a time. I only say this because at first glance your idea seems a little convoluted.

If i understand it correctly it is a terrific idea, one i would gladly promote to my musician friends, but for now i think you should focus on one task at a time in your development, and do it in steps instead of one large monumental challenge.
Old 12-11-2010 at 09:05 PM   #3
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

I sort of agree Matt on the idea that this is a BIG project, and its always best to breakdown such a project into chunks..design individually, manufacture prototype, test, debug, and so on.

Having said that your idea is something I feel channels into a passion of mine, and well my field of expertise. I will send you an email, and we can go from there.