MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starcraft 2 - Best Buy Pre-order expiry? Allan Gaming 0 07-19-2010 08:46 PM
Order of Course Selection deone Academics 4 07-13-2010 11:20 PM
Order of Courses on SOLAR RememberTwce First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-26-2010 08:26 PM
marks in order to continue.. xsanx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 11-12-2009 12:01 AM
Pizza the way you order it! kokosas Recipes 0 02-17-2009 03:01 PM

order of business

Old 08-25-2008 at 04:17 AM   #1
maturegoose

Liked: 0 Times

order of business
hello, is it possible to take micro and macroeconomics as electives in first year eng, and if so, which one would be better to take in first semester and which one in second.
Also, i see that in 3 year B.Eng.Mgt, macroeconomics is one of the courses you have to take. If i take macro in in first year, what happens when i get to third year. With what do i substitute it? Thanks in the future for any responses
Old 08-25-2008 at 07:31 AM   #2
ppppp

take micro first. it'll make macro much easier later.
Old 08-25-2008 at 08:40 AM   #3
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Isn't Micro a prerequisite for Macro, I thought it was. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 08-25-2008 at 02:34 PM   #4
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

No it is definitely not. Neither is a prereq for the other; they're just two separate courses.
Old 08-26-2008 at 12:14 PM   #5
mo2000

As a side note, don't do what I did in my first year of engineering. I took microeconomics and psychology 1A03.

Turns out when I required upper year electives in my sophomore and junior years; I didn't have the prerequisites for either economics or psychology courses (hence limiting alot of my options).
Old 08-27-2008 at 09:25 AM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maturegoose View Post
hello, is it possible to take micro and macroeconomics as electives in first year eng, and if so, which one would be better to take in first semester and which one in second.
Also, i see that in 3 year B.Eng.Mgt, macroeconomics is one of the courses you have to take. If i take macro in in first year, what happens when i get to third year. With what do i substitute it? Thanks in the future for any responses
You can take courses at any time as long as the prerequisites are met. I took micro (1b03) and macro (1bb3) in first year and the next one, 2x03 i believe, in the summer so i got them out of the way early.

Last edited by DannyV : 08-27-2008 at 09:37 AM.