MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
solar help jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-09-2010 09:43 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Black.Mamba Academics 2 06-22-2010 05:26 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

Solar

Old 08-13-2009 at 08:27 AM   #286
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizliz View Post
two hours, I wish. Last time on solar it took me four hours to choose courses!!!!!!
But all your courses... You only get the busy for ENTERING MUGSI and SOLAR. For ROSI you have to get pass 2 points. The first is when you enter the course code. If the server isn't being you have to add the lecture time and if the server isn't busy at that time then the courses is added.

What are the chances that the server isn't busy for an entire minute. It's like getting onto MUGSI and then entering SOLAR without having the SOLAR is full message. But like 5 times because you have to choose 5 courses.
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:27 AM   #287
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

you know, mcmaster doesnt need to waste money on SOLAR...with a reputation like this...I'm sure former/current students will gladly volunteer to better it

JEFF_CHAN likes this.
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:27 AM   #288
holagurrl

Liked: 10 Times

Will I get onto MUGSI before I die of old age? FML

JEFF_CHAN, shockalot like this.
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:28 AM   #289
Lizliz

Liked: 15 Times

i wish i could just walk away but i have to change four courses completely!! i have to find four available courses to take!!!
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:28 AM   #290
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

alright how the eff do i changemy settings so imnot getting an email everytime a msg is replied here lol
...... making me go a little crazy
... and in some ways solar is better, nicer than only being able to choose set block schedules like other schools...hate that
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:28 AM   #291
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
OMFG!!! I think by now ive seen the "connection reset page" a thousand times and the "red-screen-of-death" 2 thousand times...

And its such a good day outside...
I have no life and work doesn't start until 5. I can keep trying for a good 7 more hours

Afzal, xxsumz like this.
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:28 AM   #292
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMcGuirk View Post
Fact: 99.975% of McMaster drop outs cite SOLAR as their reason for failing to complete their degree requirements.
I think that just made my day haha.

(It really didn't because I'm about to kill myself, but thankieess. ;_____;

Afzal likes this.
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:28 AM   #293
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizliz View Post
two hours, I wish. Last time on solar it took me four hours to choose courses!!!!!!
4 hours? Last year it took me two days! Granted, I was on dial-up, so I had to keep reloading the damn thing...god I feel sorry for those unfortunate souls trying to use MUGSI/SOLAR via dial-up.

@cee023:
I feel your pain. Can't even get the damn MUGSI page to load.

{ don't stop the music }
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:28 AM   #294
sinsintome

you may call me a quitter, but i'm gonna give up for a while.

sleep for a bit and hopefully everything mellows out by noon.

GOODLUCK Y'ALL!
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:29 AM   #295
Lizliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockalot View Post
Is it smart to have all the computers in your house on and every family member trying to get on MUGSI for you?
no, i tried that last time but it wouldnt allow ppl to login with the same username...however i was using macaess so i was already logged on....maybe it could work
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:29 AM   #296
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsintome View Post
you may call me a quitter, but i'm gonna give up for a while.

sleep for a bit and hopefully everything mellows out by noon.

GOODLUCK Y'ALL!
I think it'll get busier in the afternoon...
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:29 AM   #297
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
LOL finally some conspiracy theories.

Guys, just be patient. And if you aren't trying to resolve a conflict in your timetable, then it's not really imperative that you get on SOLAR right this moment. These things always work out in the end.
I can't be patient, I barely even have ANY classes in first term .. I only have 2 in first term .. despite the fact that I also tried to get on to SOLAR when it opened for me at 12 midnight the first time around .. but of course even by the time I got on at 12:20, everything I wanted was full. And nothing is opening up / emailing profs isn't working so I **NEED** to get on and actually get classes. But no. It's still not working for me.

UGH guys lets just all torch the building with the server in it. Why do I bother with this school. I can't even register for classes, what the hell. We should warn all prospective students that this place can't even figure out how to get people to register. It's completely unfair, it's ALL luck based whether or not you can even manage to get a full course load of classes you want. We should just make huge signs all over campus during the days that lots of high schoolers will be visiting, and say, DON'T GO HERE, MCMASTER DOESN'T LIKE YOU

I HATE MCMASTER, I HATE MUGSI, AND I HATE SOLAR!!! I WANT TO CHANGE SCHOOLS THIS MIGHT JUST BE REGISTRATION BUT IT'S THREE YEARS OF HEADACHE IN A ROW. IT JUST SHOWS HOW MUCH THEY CARE ABOUT US .. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LATE YOU STAY UP OR HOW EARLY YOU WAKE UP IN THE END IT'S ALL LUCK IF YOU GET ON ANYWAY ARGHHH UNFAIIIRRRRR

Lizliz likes this.
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:30 AM   #298
Lizliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo!io View Post
4 hours? Last year it took me two days! Granted, I was on dial-up, so I had to keep reloading the damn thing...god I feel sorry for those unfortunate souls trying to use MUGSI/SOLAR via dial-up.

@cee023:
I feel your pain. Can't even get the damn MUGSI page to load.
can anyone top that? going once, going twice
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:31 AM   #299
holagurrl

Liked: 10 Times

I'll volunteer to go to Mac right now and destroy the sever machine with a baseball bat
Old 08-13-2009 at 08:31 AM   #300
sinsintome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I think it'll get busier in the afternoon...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!