MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used Books = Save Money! Chad Buying Textbooks (new/used) & Courseware Tips 27 11-14-2016 01:47 AM
Save money on textbooks: save for later lorend Academics 3 01-30-2010 03:43 PM
Save Gerentology Rally lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 04-03-2009 02:05 AM
save library searches! KristaG General Discussion 9 03-03-2008 12:30 PM
Resolution: Save The Environment! lorend Misc 0 01-10-2008 01:40 AM

SOLAR does it save automatically?

Old 07-03-2009 at 01:49 AM   #1
caludujf

Liked: 0 Times

SOLAR does it save automatically?
K so during 44 mins of my time being in SOLAR i got kicked off the very last second before clicking that button after verifying those courses, just wondered if it saved my data, cause im really stressing out how all the courses are getting full and having a difficult time getting back in.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:50 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caludujf View Post
K so during 44 mins of my time being in SOLAR i got kicked off the very last second before clicking that button after verifying those courses, just wondered if it saved my data, cause im really stressing out how all the courses are getting full and having a difficult time getting back in.
I'm sorry to say, but I doubt it saves. You have to click the button after verifying prerequisites and conflicts.

Edit: Try again right now, SOLAR is about to close. It closes from 3am to 3:30am.
Old 07-03-2009 at 02:05 AM   #3
caludujf

so i went on solar at like 2:56.. and i chose around 5 courses and before 3:00 a.m. i pressed the verify button and theen applyed requisites, a window popped up listing those 5 courses, and something about payment.... i just got scared tere cause am i still able to add more courses to those 5? or did i just screw myself over only registering for 5 courses?
Old 07-03-2009 at 02:10 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caludujf View Post
so i went on solar at like 2:56.. and i chose around 5 courses and before 3:00 a.m. i pressed the verify button and theen applyed requisites, a window popped up listing those 5 courses, and something about payment.... i just got scared tere cause am i still able to add more courses to those 5? or did i just screw myself over only registering for 5 courses?
You can add more. You can drop and add courses for the 7 days alloted. After that time, you'll have to wait until July 13th (for one day) and then August 13th onwards.

caludujf says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 02:14 AM   #5
caludujf

THANK GOD, so im going back on 3:30
Old 07-03-2009 at 02:21 AM   #6
jimimusic

Liked: 11 Times

lol aw man.. this solar thing is a pain in the butt for everybody...
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:52 PM   #7
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Just wait till the schedules are released... thats just horrible.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:55 PM   #8
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Hey man, 45 minutes is a long time lol. Make sure you are prepared next time you go on, so that you're done in less than 10 minutes - especially so that other people can get on.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:59 PM   #9
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Once you get the hang of the system, you realize how little time course selection takes and in contrast how long it actually takes to get in to actually pick your courses.
Old 07-03-2009 at 03:18 PM   #10
jimimusic

Liked: 11 Times

i dont understand.. there are more things to get through after this?
Old 07-03-2009 at 03:24 PM   #11
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimusic View Post
Basically, know what courses you're going to pick before you start your SOLAR session. That way you get through it faster, and you don't risk losing all your choices.
Old 07-03-2009 at 04:53 PM   #12
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimusic View Post
The only thing you have to after picking your courses on SOLAR is to accept your payment agreement.
Old 07-03-2009 at 05:10 PM   #13
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

THINGS TO NOTE:

- You have 7 days from the first time you login to solar to pick and EDIT course choices
- Once you pick courses you need to do two things... VERIFY/CHANGE FOR CONFLICTS, which is the first button, and then once you do that you need to CONFIRM your choices which brings up the payment box and the list of the ones you picked. Only when you do that 2 step process does it 'lock in' your classes. If you close the window you lose everything. Also, if you reach the time limit before pressing both those buttons, you lose everything you did DURING THAT SESSION
- If you pick say... 3-4 courses and don't want to lose them, you can click the two buttons to verify and confirm those 3-4 courses and 'lock them in' and then just close the window and RELOGIN to mugsi/solar and continue where you left off. That way, those 3-4 courses you picked and confirmed already will never get erased if you reach the time limit, only the ones you add on or edit during your sessions after that
- You NEED TO COMPLETE THE PAYMENT AGREEMENT as soon as possible so that the system makes a conflict-free timetable FOR you. If you don't do it before Aug 2nd... then you have to make your own conflict-free timetable which is a pain in the butt.