MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with SOLAR.... drummerboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2010 12:28 AM
solar help jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-09-2010 09:43 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Solar Pay919 Academics 830 08-23-2009 02:24 AM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM

solar glitching when trying add a course?

Old 09-19-2009 at 10:36 PM   #1
darkstar

Liked: 47 Times

solar glitching when trying add a course?
Since July I have been trying to get into French 1z06 and many times it's said available then I confirm and it says full. I'm talking like 50 times. I know some one could beat me to it but I'm talking at like 2 30 am on a weekday for 2 months. 50 times I got beat?

Again today I was on and it had two cores available and I clicked one of them and added the course and then both said full. Ten minutes later they both were available again and this time I got into one and verified changes and confirmed it. It's now on my course list and time table.

So in the span of about 10 minutes at 11 30pm on a Saturday at least 2 people dropped it, 2 people picked it up, 2 people dropped it and me and some one else picked them up. I don't see that happening.

Now this class is at the same time as another course I have that is also full. I don't want to drop it until I know it isn't a glitch cause I likely won't be able to get back in.

So did I finally win the race out or does it sound like a glitch. Any one deal with this sort of thing or should I go with once it's on my registration I'm in theory?

thx.
Old 09-19-2009 at 10:46 PM   #2
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

I checked right now and it shows that they're both full for me so I can't try adding them like you did.

You still have some time to drop your other course without it being permanently charged to you so don't drop it yet. I would e-mail the prof or the head of the language department (I think french would be under that department) and ask them to check about your registration in that course. Say that you've been having problems with it and you want to be sure before you drop another course. My biology and psych undergraduate advisors get back to me pretty quick so it shouldn't be too long of a wait to find out.

Edit: Right well I didn't notice how fast time flew. You do only have until Monday to drop that course... so if you've gotten French and it shows up on your timetable I'd print screen that and your course selection list just to be safe and then drop the other course so you have SOME proof that you added it in case the system screwed you over but PTGregD below did bring up the good point that it is a very sought after course from what I've heard so yeah, I guess you got dam lucky

Last edited by Duarch : 09-19-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-19-2009 at 10:47 PM   #3
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

You should be fine now.

If you think about it though, there are a LOT of students who want to get into French 1Z06 (1st all the way through 4th years probably), so out of that large a group that's competing, it's not too far fetched to believe that other people are up at awkward hours of the day with you, trying to get in as well.