MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solar Black.Mamba Academics 2 06-22-2010 05:26 PM
Baseball Caps Infinity General Discussion 7 10-31-2009 05:05 PM
Solar stefan_toron First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-16-2009 10:53 PM
Can everyone get on SOLAR, right now? crys.eg Academics 8 07-16-2009 10:01 AM
Internet speed/bandwidth caps Juicebox General Discussion 11 05-11-2009 09:38 PM

SOLAR HELP NOW PLZ +caps

Old 06-08-2010 at 11:34 PM   #16
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

No its not working from maccess
Old 06-08-2010 at 11:35 PM   #17
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

I'm getting the page load error DAMMIT
I wanted to check if any of the courses that are full to me opened up before heading off to sleep...
Old 06-08-2010 at 11:36 PM   #18
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Lol I typed maccess in my url field --> http://www.maccess.co.uk/
Old 06-09-2010 at 12:05 AM   #19
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Yay, I'm not alone!
Old 06-10-2010 at 05:04 PM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

So, either Mac is screwing me or I screwed myself.

Lori Hill says it's because I haven't completed a full 30 units in first year. But I just found this:

"A student is required to register in the lowest level for which more than six units of work is incomplete. Work of the next higher level may be undertaken only when necessary to fill a program load. Courses must be taken in the sequence specified by the School of Business."

I'm so effing confused.

What's the difference between me completing 27 units in first year and 27 units in 2nd and someone taking 24 and 24 units? Like wtf.

WHY AM I NOT IN 3RD YEAR. (I'm actually considered a 2nd year student at this point)

(Edit: I'd phone again but it took 2 days for them to talk to me and I was the one harassing them)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 06-10-2010 at 06:05 PM   #21
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Talk to an advisor. I was listed as being in 3rd year (I'm going into 4th), and they said it was an unexplainable error and that I 100% should have been in 4th.
Old 06-10-2010 at 10:43 PM   #22
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I spoke to Lori Hill this afternoon after 500 phone calls and she told me I can't continue to level 3 because I'm missing one unit from level 1.

Which I think is complete bullshit because I keep finding shit that disproves that such as:

"Progression to the next level is at the end of the successful completion of the 24 units of course work that pertain to the lower level."

I think this is a serious admin error because I know of 2 other people who are in this exact same position. I think they know it and aren't willing to admit it because they realize how much they royally ****ed us.

Old 06-10-2010 at 10:49 PM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

More stuff that suggests to me that Lori Hill's answer is complete BS:

""Progression to the next level is at the end of the successful completion of the 24 units of course work that pertain to the lower level.""

"
To be considered for entry to Level III of the Honours Commerce program, students must have successfully completed Business I and have successfully completed at least 24 units of course work for Level II Commerce (as described in this section of the Calendar) with a C.A. of at least 6.0 and no more than six units of failures (in required and/or elective course work) after entry to Level II Commerce.
If a student did not qualify for the Honours Commerce program upon entry to Level III, there is one final opportunity for consideration. To be considered for Level IV of the Honours Commerce program, students must have successfully completed at least 24 units of course work for Level III Commerce (as described in this section of the Calendar) with a C.A. of at least 6.0 and no more than six units of failures (in required and/or elective course work) after entry to Level II Commerce."

"In Business I, a full-time student must complete minimum 24-unit load in each Fall/Winter session. Advance credit and credit earned during the Spring/Summer session may not be used to reduce this load requirement. Such reductions will be applied as late as possible in a student's program. A part-time student in Business I is permitted to take a maximum of 21 units in any Fall/Winter session."

"To be considered for entry into Commerce II a Business I student must have met all of the following:
  1. achieved a CA of at least 5.0 on a minimum of 24 units of course work for Business I (on first attempts only) and these must include all required courses of the Business I program;
  2. successfully completed on first attempts only all Business I required courses (See Business I Requirements below.)
  3. must successfully complete ALL required units of Business I course work and successfully complete enough units of elective course work where the total of successful units of course work equals 24 units;"

Does anyone recommend talking to Dean Bates or Nick Bontis about this? This is absolutely ridiculous. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get through to them, and unfortunately, some of us have jobs and don't have the luxury of missing out on a day's work.

Last edited by lawleypop : 06-10-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2010 at 11:02 PM   #24
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

im scared of nick bontis, I remeber him showing the class that stupid local news thing he was on where he went to the usa to buy a gd lincoln navigator for less money. I'd never talk to a short man that buys big suvs (and then shows off his insecurity to a class as an intro wtf lol) if i could help it.

and bates is nearly the best, i hear lol, talk to him.
Old 06-10-2010 at 11:08 PM   #25
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Nick Bontis seems like a cool guy, at least from what I've seen of him.
Old 06-10-2010 at 11:10 PM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Nick Bontis seems like a cool guy, at least from what I've seen of him.
Agreed, I'm just wondering if those are the people who could actually do something about it.

I mean, even before reading anything, I felt unbelievably screwed over... even more so now after I see 24 units popping up everywhere.