MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
missing move-in day dumbconsumer Residence & Housing 3 08-20-2010 11:12 AM
Missing only 1 pre-req course for degree jordan19 Academics 24 08-10-2010 10:08 AM
Missing! mackid91 General Discussion 5 02-03-2010 11:29 AM
Missing Course Codes Hiraiyomi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-31-2008 05:17 PM
Missing barcode for MAC ID tungo89 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-09-2008 12:56 PM

SOLAR - missing lab?

Old 10-27-2010 at 04:47 PM   #1
peanuts

Liked: 1 Time

SOLAR - missing lab?
I've been trying to switch my chem 1aa3 lab; it says the tutorial for numbers 41 and 42 are available, but when i look for them under labs, it's not even listed there. It goes from (L39, L40, and then jumps to L43)

Is this an error of some sort? ):
Old 10-27-2010 at 04:55 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
I've been trying to switch my chem 1aa3 lab; it says the tutorial for numbers 41 and 42 are available, but when i look for them under labs, it's not even listed there. It goes from (L39, L40, and then jumps to L43)

Is this an error of some sort? ):
You can always talk to your lab coordinator. They also deal with sectioning students.
Old 10-27-2010 at 05:13 PM   #3
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

just to clarify, is this lab for this term or next? Because I was fairly sure it's far too late to switch your lab section for this term through solar.
Old 10-27-2010 at 05:18 PM   #4
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

There's no CHEM 1AA3 classes offered on the first semester, so it's definitely for the next one.

To OP: It's probably an error. Do as jhan says.
Old 10-27-2010 at 06:44 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

That happened to me last year. Turns out that they cancelled certain lab sections (not sure of the reasons), so they have to put you in another one. I would contact the Lab coordinator, I'm guessing it's still Jeff Landry? and ask to be put in a section that fits your schedule
Old 10-27-2010 at 07:31 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
That happened to me last year. Turns out that they cancelled certain lab sections (not sure of the reasons), so they have to put you in another one. I would contact the Lab coordinator, I'm guessing it's still Jeff Landry? and ask to be put in a section that fits your schedule
If it's monday morning labs then it's because they use it for preparation instead of an actual lab time. So during that time the lab people are organizing everything for the two weeks. That's the problem that happened 2 years ago.
Old 10-30-2010 at 12:54 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If it's monday morning labs then it's because they use it for preparation instead of an actual lab time. So during that time the lab people are organizing everything for the two weeks. That's the problem that happened 2 years ago.
I heard that too. But that wasn't the case last year. It was Thursday @ 11:30 AM. Not quite sure why it was cancelled, but it's probably due to a similar reason.