MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PA question on solar twinrainbow First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2012 06:58 AM
SOLAR question macnoob First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-26-2012 05:18 PM
SOLAR Question steph.elle First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2010 09:21 PM
SOLAR question MTK3 Academics 6 06-27-2010 08:57 PM
Question about SOLAR. Dominique First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-07-2008 10:38 PM

SOLAR Question

Old 08-06-2012 at 03:23 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

SOLAR Question
Hey guys,

So SOLAR opens up on Thursday at 8:30 am, but that's when I have work until 4 pm.

Will it be unlikely for me to arrange my schedule the way I want? I know it's probably unlikely for me to get the cores I want, but what about lab times? Will it be easier to get those or do those fill up fast too?
Old 08-06-2012 at 04:20 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

What program? Most of the "perfect" schedules will probably have the cores full. But labs usually arnt too much of an issue - depending on the course.

naval23 says thanks to blackdragon for this post.
Old 08-06-2012 at 04:34 PM   #3
naval23

It's for life science.
Old 08-06-2012 at 04:42 PM   #4
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

you'll most likely have a functional, well prepared time-table. However, if you do decide to switch things around, do it yourself at the earliest or have someone do it for you.

#login to SOLAR
#select fall/winter session 2012/13
#select you preferred cores/lect/tut (have your mock-time table handy )
#verify and apply changes

As far as I know, lab times may vary. Some like it early, most like it at late noon !!

naval23 says thanks to Kevinabrahak for this post.
Old 08-06-2012 at 10:07 PM   #5
Milk.Tea

Liked: 21 Times

I would wait until the afternoon, or whenever you get off work to change it up.
The thing is, someone has to change up their schedule, or drop something for a different core/lab/tutorial to be available (assumption is that the course is full). So, I wouldn't wake up super early just to change it. There's tones of time to change things up.

Don't stress this out too much. See your Mac made schedule, and see if there is something you want to change. If not, you won't have to worry.

naval23 says thanks to Milk.Tea for this post.
Old 08-06-2012 at 11:28 PM   #6
naval23

Thanks guys, can you gives give me an idea if these things are easy to change?

- Bio Labs
- Chem Labs
- Psych Tutorials

I don't think these ones will be hard to change because there's so many options. But, I also want to change:

- Bio 1M03 tutorial & core, I take it this will be the hard one to change especially if I wait until 4 pm to change it right :( The tutorial may not be hard to change but the core definitely will be
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:31 AM   #7
shaf

Liked: 0 Times

For my second term, i have 5 classes on Wednesday. Would that be too much? My schedule would become a great deal simpler if i can change a Psych 1XX3 core (from a 8 30 class on Tuesday to a 11 30 class on Thursday). I am guessing it will be difficult to make that switch cause many people will try to move away from the 8 30 class...
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:37 AM   #8
randhirmiz

Liked: 12 Times

If you switch to a tutorial# that conflicts with your other courses, SOLAR won't accept it in general, right?