MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
quick SOLAR question? nyasha33 General Discussion 0 08-09-2012 08:42 PM
quick question -- how long is SOLAR reopened until? bruni Academics 5 07-11-2011 11:22 AM
Quick question regarding Payment Agreement and Solar Oilenroc Academics 2 06-27-2011 10:58 PM
SOLAR quick question strawbrryjam First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-09-2010 11:50 AM
Looking to make a quick 5 dollars Acelvr Student Deals & Discounts 5 06-05-2010 10:07 AM

SOLAR Quick Tip: You have until Sept 12 to make course changes

Did you know you have until September 12th to add/drop courses and change around your timetable? (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /course-adddrop-dates/)

Once classes start everything isn't set in stone. In fact, the add/drop period runs right up until September 12th. That's quite a long time, and also gives you a chance to go to your classes, see what they are like, talk with an academic advisor (there are advisors for each faculty), and get things sorted out. So long as you don't drop a 'required' course, since you need those for your degree! If any 'required' courses are full, or conflicting, then your faculty will open up a seat for you, or make it work. Don't worry. As for 'electives', you get to choose which you want, and can add/drop them up until the 12th.

Good luck!

Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-08-2014 at 06:00 AM   #2
Pericynthion
Faculty: Science
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
In the payment agreements section it mentions I have to pay in full before september first though?

(Although it says the deadline is 15th if you use OSAP - haven't done OSAP yet, lol)

Can I still somehow make course changes after that time until sept 12?
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-08-2014 at 06:21 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member
Year: Alumni

Liked: 580 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pericynthion View Post
In the payment agreements section it mentions I have to pay in full before september first though?

(Although it says the deadline is 15th if you use OSAP - haven't done OSAP yet, lol)

Can I still somehow make course changes after that time until sept 12?
Lol yes, that is the entire subject of the thread - letting you know you can make changes until Sept 12. It doesn't matter whether or not you've paid or what the payment deadline is. For term 2 courses you can add or drop or change sections even into the second week of January. All of the drop/add dates are on the registrar's website.
Old 08-08-2014 at 07:48 AM   #4
terriermon
Program: Life Science
Year: Third
Residence: hedden

Liked: 1 Time
Course changing
Whenever I log into solar to change my courses and what not it says, that due to my registration and payment agreement status, I can't use solar till August 11th. I've already confirmed my payment agreement so does anyone know what this is about?

Old 08-08-2014 at 04:33 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
Hi Pericynthion

Yes, you should get your payment in (via cheque or online debit) by the deadline of Sept 1st.

Add/drop period lets you switch things around, even after you've paid. The payment doesn't change anything. You should still have the same amount of units/courses after doing your add/drops since you're just substituting 1 class with another.
Old 08-08-2014 at 08:58 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

I don't think that's the issue, since most people have NOT paid yet and you don't need to pay to access SOLAR on the 7th. It says that you need your fees to be "cleared", and I think this includes any outstanding balance on your account (so double check that). Did you fill out the payment agreement entirely?
Old 08-12-2014 at 08:16 AM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia

Liked: 1,731 Times
Correct, that is more so for upper year students that might have uncleared fees like fees from the library on overdue books, etc.
Old 08-12-2014 at 11:41 AM   #8
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill
Year: Masters

Liked: 423 Times
Does this include second term? Do we have to adjust our schedules for second term by September 12th, or do we have until January whatever?
Old 08-12-2014 at 06:47 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Does this include second term? Do we have to adjust our schedules for second term by September 12th, or do we have until January whatever?
Nope - like I posted earlier, it's sometime in January, as always.

lizziepizzie likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search