MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rogers LCA change --> oakville numbers Duarch Computers & Tech 34 12-15-2009 02:17 PM
A look at Canada's students, by the numbers: CBC lorend Academics 2 09-01-2009 01:40 PM
memorizing student numbers lorend MacInsiders Announcements 6 08-27-2008 10:53 AM
Addresses and phone numbers for residences amyf Residence & Housing 1 08-11-2008 08:09 AM

some confusion over some CUPE numbers

Old 11-07-2009 at 07:00 PM   #1
moleman

Liked: 0 Times

some confusion over some CUPE numbers
Ok, I had looked at the following earlier:

http://unit1bargaining.files .wordp...r y_nov03.pdf

I appreciate that they did a breakdown of these numbers. However, I am quite confused on the “Numbers over 2 years” slide. The cumulative, I imagine, is supposed to be the sum of Years 1 and 2, and is not so. In essentially all cases, the only way to arrive at those “cumulative” numbers is by doubling the values in year 1, and then adding that to year 2 (exceptions being Union Package Undergrad – way off – and Employer Undergrad off by $1 going by the pattern I saw).

Aside from this, there is now another document with a similar summary page:

http://unit1bargaining.files .wordp...ion-annex1.pdf

Page 4 here has a table like the one i mentioned previously. Here, every single number on the university package side is different (all year 1, year 2, and cumulative values), and the undergrad one is still added wrong. it is still two times the year 1 plus the year 2 value.

And in this latter document, all of the year two values have changed from the document I linked earlier.

It would be nice to see a breakdown for the numbers in the latter document that is similar in scope to what was in the former. And if there were that many mistakes from either document (one should just have to be copied, the other is your own numbers), I have to say I have lost a lot of confidence in even being able to do simple math or worse, simple transcribing.

Greg Bahun

DannyV says thanks to moleman for this post.
Old 11-07-2009 at 07:05 PM   #2
moleman

Oh wait - I missed one. In the latter document, there was another addition error. International Grad under University package is off by 10 for the cumulative.

This looks so unprofessional. What happened here?
Old 11-07-2009 at 07:57 PM   #3
moleman

Ok - I got a reply on the blog.

http://unit1bargaining.wordp ress.c.../#comment-1707

I am still not comforted by these mistakes though.