MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Undergraduate review process? soody First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-27-2011 05:55 PM
terrible tuesdays jordan19 Academics 17 08-20-2010 02:06 PM
Terrible Signature Restrictions? RoyK Computers & Tech 1 07-11-2010 08:28 PM
Received TEST message from school's alert system - not sure what to do .. Kathy2 Computers & Tech 32 02-05-2010 12:05 PM
TERRIBLE experience at Gino's sniderj General Discussion 32 02-02-2010 09:07 AM

Someone please guide me through the school's terrible course registration process

Old 07-10-2011 at 09:50 AM   #1
TheZProjekt

Liked: 0 Times

Someone please guide me through the school's terrible course registration process
Following the initial course registration process that happened recently, solar re-opens July 11th and then several times later in August, I think and I completely forgot what is the purpose of these closings/openings and hope someone could fill me in. Thank you
Old 07-10-2011 at 10:03 AM   #2
xFLY

Liked: 13 Times

The reason for openings/closings is for students to change courses if needed. You can have the opportunity to add/drop courses. Its also a great time for people to try getting into a course that was previously full.

Old 07-10-2011 at 10:48 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

As mentioned above, that's about it. It's closed now just to have different registration dates for different levels and programs. It's just a way to have everything organized. Once it re-opens on Monday, it's a chance for everyone to get into courses that were full before. And the last time it closes, it's to generate timetables for everyone and that's when it re-opens in August to be able to switch around core/lab/tutorial sections.
Refer to this: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...%20FINAL. pdf