MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official MSU Presidential 2012 Discussion Thread Chad Presidentials 2012 34 09-04-2012 03:53 PM
Euro 2012 Fantasy League j0sh Athletics & Recreation 10 06-16-2012 09:35 PM
And The Winner Of The Email Vote Is... MD-L MacInsiders Announcements 17 11-03-2010 10:03 PM
phone card for spain jaason87 Computers & Tech 3 09-08-2010 08:37 AM
New [spoiler] tag Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 07-31-2010 10:24 PM

[Spoiler] Discussion of winner of Euro 2012 Spain vs Italy

Old 07-01-2012 at 04:06 PM   #1
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

[Spoiler] Discussion of winner of Euro 2012 Spain vs Italy
KYIV, UKRAINE—Spain trounced Italy 4-0 in the European Championship final on Sunday, extending its reign as the best team in world football.

Goals from David Silva and Jordi Alba in the first half gave Spain a convincing lead. Fernando Torres and fellow substitute Juan Mata added late goals.

Italy was down to 10 men after the 64th minute. The team had used its substitutes when Thiago Motta was taken off due to injury.

The victory lifted Spain to a record third straight major title, after winning Euro 2008 and the 2010 World Cup.

Spain even allowed Italy the majority of first-half possession, yet its trademark quick passing game was lethal when required.

Spain captain Iker Casillas was outstanding in keeping Italy's attack at bay

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...pionship-final
_____________________ ________

I didn't watch the whole game, just checked the final score...to be honest I was surprised, I was expecting a 2-1 or a 1-0, but totally did't expect a 4-0 score !

What do you think of Spain? Do you think they will take home the championship in 2014 (The World Cup) ?

Any thoughts or comments ?
Old 07-01-2012 at 08:41 PM   #2
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

spain's the BEST team on the planet !! I really thought italy was prepared for the final after their amazing victory over germany ( 2-1 ), had high expectations from balotelli. He was marked the entire time and walked of disappointed at the end of the game.

I really wish the best for SPAIN for all their future matches to come !! They have been consecutively winning trophies ( 2008: EURO CUP, WORLD CUP, AND NOW 2012 EURO CUP )

Bug324, jim1 like this.
Old 07-01-2012 at 10:59 PM   #3
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Also, FYI, Fernando Torres gets the golden boot for tying with Mario Gomez for most goals (3) and assists (1), but the tie was broken by playing time, which Torres had much less of.
Old 07-02-2012 at 10:43 AM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinabrahak View Post
spain's the BEST team on the planet !! I really thought italy was prepared for the final after their amazing victory over germany ( 2-1 ), had high expectations from balotelli. He was marked the entire time and walked of disappointed at the end of the game.

I really wish the best for SPAIN for all their future matches to come !! They have been consecutively winning trophies ( 2008: EURO CUP, WORLD CUP, AND NOW 2012 EURO CUP )
Amazing victory over Germany? Germany had a craptacular defence...

I wasn't following any particular team, but I knew Spain was going to win right from the start .. just surprised that Italy got nothing.. thought it would have been a close match.
Old 07-02-2012 at 10:51 AM   #5
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Don't have a clue about soccer.

Just thought the [spoiler] tag was funny.

Entropy likes this.
Old 07-02-2012 at 10:53 AM   #6
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Italy payed with 10 men for almost half the same, thus the 4-0 score.
Old 07-02-2012 at 11:26 AM   #7
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

Italy played like crap for the first 20 mins, thus losing 2-0, then both Italy and Spain just kinda just give up and let time runs. That is until Spain got some new muscles called Fernando Torres.
Old 07-02-2012 at 11:36 AM   #8
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Amazing victory over Germany? Germany had a craptacular defence...

I wasn't following any particular team, but I knew Spain was going to win right from the start .. just surprised that Italy got nothing.. thought it would have been a close match.
Italy's win over Germany was amazing because no one expected Italy to make a run to the finals like they did, while Germany was heavily favoured to win the title.
Old 07-02-2012 at 11:40 AM   #9
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

I wouldnt say that Italy beating the Germans was a major upset or anything like that though... also Italy can't really blame playing with 10 men, they went down 2-0 and then missed some solid chances before that all happened. The substitution was also a little a stupid decision, there was no need to change anything.
Old 07-02-2012 at 01:17 PM   #10
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

Viva Espana! Tres campeonatos consecutivos! BRAAAAVO!!!
No es que me interesa mucho el futbol o aun los deportes en general...es solo que tengo la oportunidad de escribir aqui en mi espanol patetico...:.)
Dale, dale, dale...:.)
Comiquisimo porque mi padre es aficionado de italia...pero yo no hablo italiano...asi yo digo DALE ESPANA!!!!! DALE!!!!!!!!
Y no hay acentos en esta computadora...
Old 07-02-2012 at 03:44 PM   #11
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Ja... ich kann auch zwei sprachen...
Old 07-04-2012 at 03:07 AM   #12
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Viva Espana! Tres campeonatos consecutivos! BRAAAAVO!!!
No es que me interesa mucho el futbol o aun los deportes en general...es solo que tengo la oportunidad de escribir aqui en mi espanol patetico...:.)
Dale, dale, dale...:.)
Comiquisimo porque mi padre es aficionado de italia...pero yo no hablo italiano...asi yo digo DALE ESPANA!!!!! DALE!!!!!!!!
Y no hay acentos en esta computadora...
Quote:
Ja... ich kann auch zwei sprachen...

And so it begins ...

britb likes this.