condoms manu General Discussion 88 10-21-2009 11:41 AM

Spray-On Condoms

Old 06-25-2008 at 08:35 PM   #1
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Spray-On Condoms
Yes, I am talking about what you think I'm talking about.

The Germans have condoms that can be sprayed on. Apparently they're all about blazing paths.

I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks about this!!

Check out the story here.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-25-2008 at 09:08 PM   #2
KaesoPublius
SRA Member

Liked: 1 Time

German creations rule my heart and soul, seriously, who else would come up with this, beer flavoured chips and coke and rye pre-mixed in a can.

Anyway I digress. I think it's interesting, perhaps a tad of overkill as it's harder to hand out a can than it is a packet of condoms for free. But so long as the proper authorities give it the thumbs up I guess it's cool.
Old 06-25-2008 at 09:13 PM   #3
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

As long as people dont become pregnant, it's all good. And hopefully they have other colours other than yellow. Yikes.
Gotta love the Germans... hot guys, good food, GOOD SOCCER PLAYERS, great inventions. They are tres bon.
Old 06-25-2008 at 09:18 PM   #4
KaesoPublius
SRA Member

Liked: 1 Time

Ah yes, german men, they much like their inventions, rule my heart. haha
Old 06-25-2008 at 09:19 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Heh. I liked the little aside there sam!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-25-2008 at 09:37 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Well I suppose it's a step forward from the condoms origins of animal intestines.

But what if he doesn't wait the correct amount of time? I wonder what the er... side effects (besides pregnancy) would be.

And I wonder if the toxic shock factor is increased or not? For guys who don't know some women suffer from toxic shock and cannot use things like tampons.

Old 06-25-2008 at 09:38 PM   #7
samantha__
Elite Member

Thank you, thank you haha. But really.. is this thing safe? It seems a little icky.
Old 06-25-2008 at 09:41 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I have no idea.

But I will not be involved in the testing, I can tell you.

Old 06-26-2008 at 09:19 AM   #9
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

I wonder how liquidy it will be when it comes out of the can....it might be a bit hard (no pun intended) to get good coverage on the underside...lol
Old 06-26-2008 at 09:21 AM   #10
samantha__
Elite Member

LOL. That pun was so intended. I see right through youuuu.
Old 06-27-2008 at 07:54 AM   #11
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

lol at the pun
Old 06-28-2008 at 12:51 PM   #12
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

I don't want to sound like a sexpert, though I kinda am, but this is not "new" by any stretch. There are similar items out.
Old 06-28-2008 at 12:58 PM   #13
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Reeeally? Where? Like what?

Old 06-28-2008 at 11:17 PM   #14
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Spermicide works well, and it comes in different forms: foam, gel, creams, etc. It works best with birth control, but if your a naturalist like myself, nothing beats good old self-control. Of course, this is just in term of pregnancy, STD's are a whole different story.

For history buffs, the ancient Egyptians used feces, moslty of animals, as a birth control method. Clearly, it works-sure as hell would keep me away.
Old 06-28-2008 at 11:24 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Actually, faeces was never used as condoms. Condoms were made from linen or animal intestines until the 1800's with the advent of rubber.

Furthermore, spermicide and spray-on condoms aren't the same thing. They are both contraceptive methods, but spermicide, as the name implies, kills sperm. Condoms are used as a method to prevent pregnancy, and in more recent times STI's. Spermicide doesn't protect against STI's.