Spring/Summer Term Deegs14 Academics 14 11-09-2009 03:17 PM
Summer/Spring Session 2010 Mike_D2 Academics 3 08-21-2009 11:29 AM

Spring/Summer Sign Up?

Old 02-26-2010 at 07:19 PM   #1
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Spring/Summer Sign Up?
I was wondering when we can sign up to take courses during the Spring/Summer Term for 2010. Can we do it now or is it at a later date? Will we be notified by e-mail or something to tell us when we can sign up? Any other information would help.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2010 at 07:42 PM   #2
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

I think it's on March 5th...that's what I saw on SOLAR....but I could be wrong. Hope that helps!

Last edited by marieeeeeee : 02-26-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2010 at 02:57 PM   #3
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

I think March 5th is the day SOLAR closes for registration/course changes in the Fall/Winter term of 2009-2010. As far as I know, the dates are not out yet for registering in summer courses. Please do correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 02-27-2010 at 03:54 PM   #4
BenTran

Liked: 3 Times

According to the Registrar office:

The last day to add term 1 courses is May 7, 2010.
The last day to cancel term 1 courses without academic penalty is June 2, 2010.
The last day to add term 2 courses is June 25, 2010.
The last day to cancel term 2 courses without academic penalty is July 21, 2010.
The last day to add term 3 courses is May 7, 2010.
The last day to cancel term 3 courses without academic penalty is July 5, 2010.

I'll probably will call them on Monday and i'll post it up here when i find out
Old 02-27-2010 at 08:01 PM   #5
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

You mention about adding term 1 courses- but do you know if you first need to be registered to even be elegible to take those courses? What I think the poster was wondering may be when you need to sign up to be elegible to take summer courses.

Old 03-01-2010 at 10:49 AM   #6
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
You mention about adding term 1 courses- but do you know if you first need to be registered to even be elegible to take those courses? What I think the poster was wondering may be when you need to sign up to be elegible to take summer courses.
im wondering the same thing, do i have to be approved/accepted for the summer term before picking my classes?
Old 03-01-2010 at 11:41 AM   #7
ytpos
too poor to change this

If you're planning on taking a class in the summer that requires a course you're currently in right now, you'd have to get permission. If it isn't waived, you won't be able to select it on SOLAR because it'll say you don't have the requirements. At least this is what I had to do. I got permission from the undergrad advisor who checked if I had a high enough mark in the required class to take the summer school one.

o.O Is this what you're asking?

Melanieee says thanks to ytpos for this post.
Old 03-01-2010 at 12:55 PM   #8
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

Yes but how do we go about selecting courses for the summer, does it appear on SOLAR, if so, when? or do we have to fill out some form first and submit it to the Registrar's Office? Do we have to apply for OSAP for the summer term?
Old 03-01-2010 at 01:37 PM   #9
ytpos
too poor to change this

You do everything on SOLAR, which amounts to just picking the course from the list and, if applicable, choosing which lab section. Also, payment agreement is on SOLAR too, just like in the regular school year. No forms that you have to hand in, to my knowledge. At least I never handed anything in except my cheque to pay for it. I don't know about OSAP, though. Sorry!

Also, I don't know when registration opens on SOLAR. It doesn't look like you can do it yet.

Last edited by ytpos : 03-01-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Melanieee, Yashoda all say thanks to ytpos for this post.
Old 03-01-2010 at 02:37 PM   #10
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytpos View Post
You do everything on SOLAR, which amounts to just picking the course from the list and, if applicable, choosing which lab section. Also, payment agreement is on SOLAR too, just like in the regular school year. No forms that you have to hand in, to my knowledge. At least I never handed anything in except my cheque to pay for it. I don't know about OSAP, though. Sorry!

Also, I don't know when registration opens on SOLAR. It doesn't look like you can do it yet.
I just talked to an academic advisor.
They told me that SOLAR opens up on March 22 (Monday), so you can sign up for spring summer courses then.
Hope this helps you guys.

danallan, EngLufLuf, goodnews.inc, marieeeeeee, Melanieee all say thanks to Deegs14 for this post.