MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vectir Turns Your BlackBerry Into A Remote TheBrickWall Computers & Tech 3 06-17-2011 01:33 AM
Anybody drive back to London, Ontario every weekend? Kian Automotive & Transportation 5 03-02-2011 10:54 AM
Egypt Essentially Turns Off The Internet Chad MacInsiders Announcements 90 01-31-2011 11:22 PM
Happy St. Patrick's day! Nino General Discussion 10 03-25-2009 05:24 PM

St. Patrick's Day party turns violent in London, Ontario

Old 03-18-2012 at 10:47 PM   #16
AndrewS

Liked: 24 Times

Especially think of those in 3rd year, about to graduate, might have to start all over, don't have the money.
Old 03-19-2012 at 12:07 AM   #17
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

yea i saw drunk kids flocking to parties like zombies.... at 10am

RyanC likes this.
Old 03-19-2012 at 01:05 AM   #18
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Dude who lit the van on fire tweeted about it. He'll certainly have fun getting charged with arson.
Old 03-19-2012 at 01:30 AM   #19
person33

Liked: 53 Times

it just being st.patrick's day is no way an excuse to be stupid- thats what it was stupidity- plenty of people can go out on st patty's or any day, drink and not be a complete moron, they used to ostracize the village drunk 12,000 years ago when they made a fool of themselves, where at mac have we heard the drunk excuse for arson before? this is just as dumb cause so many more people could have been hurt if the fire had spread to a house- they deserve to be publically humiliated and identified- maybe next time they wont be stupid
Old 03-19-2012 at 05:57 AM   #20
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

What's St. Paddy's day? I was celebrating Get-drunk-because-I-didn't-drink-this-much-since-last-year day and I was wearing a green Simpsons shirt too!
Old 03-19-2012 at 07:03 AM   #21
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewS View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. It was St. Patrick's Day, which although isn't the same as it's origins, people have been drinking for 12,000 years. So, in the history of people being 'civilized,' drinking is not a relatively new thing. The degree of, and number of stupid acts done is proportionate to how much people drink. The day is known for people drinking in excess, therefore, a lot of very stupid stuff is going to happen.

Of course there should be repercussions for those involved, but now there is a petition trying to get Fanshawe students that were involved expelled. So, what you're saying is, some people caused damages, which will be payed for in tax payers money, and then you want to expel the students, making them much less employable in the future, and then having to be supported by the tax payers money?

Personally, what I feel (although I have only taken grade 12 law and flipped through some law books in the library), is that those responsible should have to pay their part in damages and do community service. For whoever has to pay for the van, assuming they are a broke college kid, that is a pretty big deterrent in itself.

They were throwing sh*t at the cops and destroying public property, such as fences from random houses, so yes they should be expelled. I don't care if they have to work at McDonald's until they're 80.

Jails are also paid with taxes. Doesn't mean we should stop sending people to jail. In fact, I wouldn't mind if some of these students serve some time.

Edit: did you know a guy got expelled from McMaster for knowingly buying a stolen phone?

Last edited by Eternal Fire : 03-19-2012 at 07:15 AM.

qwerty91 likes this.
Old 03-19-2012 at 11:05 AM   #22
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

naw they're just mad that their tuition went to changing the name to Western University half way through the year
Old 03-19-2012 at 11:57 AM   #23
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrickWall View Post
naw they're just mad that their tuition went to changing the name to Western University half way through the year
Werent they from fanshaw?
Old 03-19-2012 at 01:28 PM   #24
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

so what, there are plenty of people all over the world who enjoyed st. patty's without being complete tards, some people need to be better at handling their liquor, or maybe just need to be raised better.

I work hard to look good, and I'm a social person, why can't I go and have some fun on a SATURDAY?
Old 03-19-2012 at 03:08 PM   #25
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

shit like this always happens on Fleming Drive. (I used to live in London)
Old 03-21-2012 at 09:53 AM   #26
Sevan

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreebee View Post
shit like this always happens on Fleming Drive. (I used to live in London)
and you'd think that the police or bylaws would have stricter enforcements if they know it's always like this