MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering jacket pickup Eximious General Discussion 90 12-25-2009 02:19 PM
Engineering Leather Jacket Cost? Eximious General Discussion 28 10-23-2009 08:09 PM

who steals a jacket....

Old 01-06-2010 at 03:47 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
lol thank you everyone, and sorry to post this, I know this happens every day and its not news to anyone. I was just in a moment of frustration where I just wanted to let people know.. honestly, I dont even care that much.. I just find it very strange that it was a jacket..

its not even about the cost of the jacket, its the fact that it was worth to me much more than its worth in the store.. I have emotional feelings towards my hat.. and it just makes me sad knowing that its probably somewhere in a ditch or in the flea market.. lol..

i honestly thought that people would not steal a jacket and a hat.. i guess society proved me wrong again..

at least i have a story to tell.. and now im off to lime ridge to buy another jacket.. lol
It's a jacket. And it's winter. It's kind of a necessity. This isn't a chocolate bar we're talking about. XD

Hell, I'd steal a jacket. :O

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-06-2010 at 03:47 PM   #17
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

On the topic of stealing; my iPhone was just stolen :(. Fell out of my pocket while I was walking home I think. I called it over 9000 times, and it kept ringing (walked around campus trying to listen for it), and then eventually someone turned it off (a.k.a. it's gone forever).

Based on that experience, I feel it is my duty as a future engineer to invent the worlds first remotely triggered exploding cellphone. That'll teach those damn thieves.

Old 01-06-2010 at 03:49 PM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
On the topic of stealing; my iPhone was just stolen :(. Fell out of my pocket while I was walking home I think. I called it over 9000 times, and it kept ringing (walked around campus trying to listen for it), and then eventually someone turned it off (a.k.a. it's gone forever).

Based on that experience, I feel it is my duty as a future engineer to invent the worlds first remotely triggered exploding cellphone. That'll teach those damn thieves.

That's more losing than stealing, isn't it? xD

Can you phone and get it cancelled without fee? Or would you have to pay those silly cancellation charges?

want me to call it? xD Maybe if they see a different number...

Old 01-06-2010 at 03:50 PM   #19
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
It's a jacket. And it's winter. It's kind of a necessity. This isn't a chocolate bar we're talking about. XD

Hell, I'd steal a jacket. :O
I'd steal a chocolate bar
Old 01-06-2010 at 03:51 PM   #20
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
That's more losing than stealing, isn't it? xD

Can you phone and get it cancelled without fee? Or would you have to pay those silly cancellation charges?

want me to call it? xD Maybe if they see a different number...
Well, in my eyes, I lost it and then someone stole it :p.

I don't think there is any point in continuing trying to call it. Chances are whoever found it threw away the sim card (hence why the phone appears to be off when I call it).

I think I'm going to try and bother rogers to give me a comparable phone for free, or at least for a severely reduced cost.
Old 01-06-2010 at 03:55 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Oh, shit. Yea, I forgot about the sim card.

Kay, that does suck more. XD

Old 01-06-2010 at 07:16 PM   #22
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

Quote:

haha nice..

i have a story of my friend.. last year he went out to embassy (by mistake, but thats another story), got roofied at around midnight, woke up six hours later probably a block away from embassy at some random house party, got his money and iphone stolen, took the cab home, we paid for the cab, he then found these heart rate patches that hospitals put on you to check your pulse all over his body.. he was freaking out.. we called the hospitals to see if he was there at some point but he wasnt.. then he managed to calm down, we called his cellphone, on the third ring, some guy answered the phone telling him that his phone is in niagara falls and if he wants it back, he has to pay him two hundred dollars.. so he cancelled the phone and never got it back... lol

now that is what i call, six hours wasted out of your life that you will never get back..

kinda reminds me of the movie "hangover" now that i think about it...
Old 01-06-2010 at 07:19 PM   #23
snaps

oh.. and just to add, i just got a new jacket and a hat.. and im going out to rokbar.. but this time it will be different. im gonna use the coat check.. haha
Old 01-06-2010 at 07:27 PM   #24
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
...we called his cellphone, on the third ring, some guy answered the phone telling him that his phone is in niagara falls and if he wants it back, he has to pay him two hundred dollars.. so he cancelled the phone and never got it back... lol
I wonder how the guy who took the phone was planning on carrying out that transaction. I'd imagine he'd say "lets meet up at this location", and then proceed to get beat down when he shows up by a bunch of the phone owner's friends.
Old 01-06-2010 at 07:29 PM   #25
snaps

Quote:
I wonder how the guy who took the phone was planning on carrying out that transaction. I'd imagine he'd say "lets meet up at this location", and then proceed to get beat down when he shows up by a bunch of the phone owner's friends.

no thats not how it works, they only say that so the person does not cancel the phone.. they would never actually go through with it.. that would be very dumb on their part..

if the person doesnt cancel the phone, the guy that stole it can make as many phone calls as he wants...
Old 01-06-2010 at 08:26 PM   #26
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
no thats not how it works, they only say that so the person does not cancel the phone.. they would never actually go through with it.. that would be very dumb on their part..

if the person doesnt cancel the phone, the guy that stole it can make as many phone calls as he wants...
That's part of the reason I like Pay As You Go/Pay & Talk. If someone steals your phone, they can only make $10 worth of phonecalls, and then it's done. They can't add more time on the phone without your pin number.
Old 01-06-2010 at 09:06 PM   #27
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
haha nice..

i have a story of my friend.. last year he went out to embassy (by mistake, but thats another story), got roofied at around midnight, woke up six hours later probably a block away from embassy at some random house party, got his money and iphone stolen, took the cab home, we paid for the cab, he then found these heart rate patches that hospitals put on you to check your pulse all over his body.. he was freaking out.. we called the hospitals to see if he was there at some point but he wasnt.. then he managed to calm down, we called his cellphone, on the third ring, some guy answered the phone telling him that his phone is in niagara falls and if he wants it back, he has to pay him two hundred dollars.. so he cancelled the phone and never got it back... lol

now that is what i call, six hours wasted out of your life that you will never get back..

kinda reminds me of the movie "hangover" now that i think about it...
I'm not surprised that happened at Embassy, last time I went some chick almost got stabbed with a needle. I'm kind of scared out of my pants about going back, I used to be scared about creepy old men hitting on me, but now it's getting jabbed with a needle.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

snaps likes this.
Old 01-06-2010 at 11:53 PM   #28
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
So... i went to charlie west yesterday, and as cheap as I am, I didnt use the coat check and left my coat on the bench.
Be sure to check Charlie West...I wouldn't be surprised if some staff confiscated it, simply because you didn't pay for the coat cheque.

Quote:
I called it over 9000 times, and it kept ringing (walked around campus trying to listen for it), and then eventually someone turned it off (a.k.a. it's gone forever).
It may have run out of batteries...dunno why I'm feeling optimistic, but do you remember approximately where you dropped it? Round up a posse and scope out that muthuh.

xo.monica likes this.
Old 01-07-2010 at 08:47 AM   #29
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
I'm not surprised that happened at Embassy, last time I went some chick almost got stabbed with a needle. I'm kind of scared out of my pants about going back, I used to be scared about creepy old men hitting on me, but now it's getting jabbed with a needle.
stabbed with a needle?
omgwtfbbq.

if I'm gonna get hiv, I'm gonna get it the real way! (at least not because some douchebag stabbed me).

would that even hurt?

Old 01-07-2010 at 09:35 AM   #30
snaps

Quote:
would that even hurt?
lol.. the needles they use, you probably wouldnt even feel.. on the other hand, the needles they use to take out blood, when they took my blood, it was a long time ago and in europe, but the needle was so big, after they take your blood, you could take the needle and put it in your milkshake..