MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP pickup? kuruczpa Financial Aid 1 09-20-2010 05:59 PM
who steals a jacket.... snaps General Discussion 41 02-03-2010 03:36 AM
Engineering Leather Jacket Cost? Eximious General Discussion 28 10-23-2009 08:09 PM
Airport Pickup ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-03-2008 02:08 PM
OSAP Pickup hmmmcurious General Discussion 1 09-15-2007 07:28 PM

Engineering jacket pickup

Old 12-08-2009 at 03:37 PM   #1
Eximious

Liked: 11 Times

Engineering jacket pickup
I have heard nothing about when I can get the Engineering Jacket that I bought earlier in the year, I emailed the drain coordinator with no response >.< So when did any of you get your jacket in previous years?
Old 12-08-2009 at 03:51 PM   #2
dilks

Liked: 4 Times

glad someone posted this cause I did the exact same thing with no reply. should be coming soon
Old 12-11-2009 at 01:24 AM   #3
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

You guys know that the jackets are done through the MSU, not the MES. There was something written up in the Sil about some guy getting arrested for taking fake orders in the JHE lobby, is that where you guys did the order?
Old 12-11-2009 at 08:30 AM   #4
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Just don't get one, really. don't. for the love of god.

Old 12-11-2009 at 09:13 AM   #5
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

No, they are done through the drain coordinator and the MES.

I remember not hearing anything about it until they came. I knew the drain coordinator at the time and kept asking him.. he was pretty annoyed haha..

When I got mine, they came around Dec 20th as I recall, so it should be a bit more, and it will be updated on the mes website, mes.mcmaster.ca

(Or just keep bugging Crans! You can tell him I sent you, haha)

Last edited by micadjems : 12-11-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Whoops, wrong guy XD
Old 12-11-2009 at 09:15 AM   #6
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
You guys know that the jackets are done through the MSU, not the MES. There was something written up in the Sil about some guy getting arrested for taking fake orders in the JHE lobby, is that where you guys did the order?
I'd really like to see a reference

DannyV likes this.
Old 12-11-2009 at 10:33 AM   #7
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

I was just being a dick. Why would the MSU have anything to do with the jackets?

I'm still in first year, and I dont know if I would get one of the jackets. Some of them look pretty bad when they dont fit, or when people get "& Mngt" on it. And frankly, getting your graduation date on the jacket seems like you are just pissing in the faces of any sort of higher power and just asking to fail a year or something. Dont piss off fate. Hahaha. But yeah the jackets look like you scalped an old shag carpet and glued it to a leather jacket. And for like $300, yeash.
Old 12-11-2009 at 10:37 AM   #8
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
I was just being a dick. Why would the MSU have anything to do with the jackets?

I'm still in first year, and I dont know if I would get one of the jackets. Some of them look pretty bad when they dont fit, or when people get "& Mngt" on it. And frankly, getting your graduation date on the jacket seems like you are just pissing in the faces of any sort of higher power and just asking to fail a year or something. Dont piss off fate. Hahaha. But yeah the jackets look like you scalped an old shag carpet and glued it to a leather jacket. And for like $300, yeash.
Well let me clear some things up - you do get kind of a fitting - mine fits great! They will take it in and let it out where you need to have it done for free. The "&Mgmt" is for students in management, I have &Scty for engineering and society. It actually appears on your degree as a different program, so it's significant

A lot of people do it because it's tradition. A guy biking past me one day commented that we have been wearing the same jackets for over 40 years! We have, though I think the style has slightly changed over the years, but it's something that connects us to something bigger. Plus it's snazzy and warm

(And it is bad luck to get a jacket in your first year with a program on it - most who do this don't end up getting into that program!!)

Oh, and I'm sure everyone would appreciate you *not* providing blatantly false information.
Old 12-11-2009 at 12:37 PM   #9
andrew22
Account Locked

ok I know you engineers like to try really hard at being lame, but isn't the jacket thing just a bit too far?
Old 12-11-2009 at 12:39 PM   #10
micadjems
Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
ok I know you engineers like to try really hard at being lame, but isn't the jacket thing just a bit too far?
ok I know you trolls like to try really hard at trying to get a reaction out of people, but isn't the being a blatant douche thing just a bit too far?

Old 12-11-2009 at 01:11 PM   #11
andrew22
Account Locked

:( sry wasnt trying to trll, maybe i just dont understand it
Old 12-11-2009 at 01:42 PM   #12
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
:( sry wasnt trying to trll, maybe i just dont understand it
I think it's kind of like wearing hoodies or pants that say "McMaster" on them.

But then again, I would never pay $300 for a jacket with a McMaster logo. So maybe I don't understand either.
Old 12-11-2009 at 02:57 PM   #13
dilks

Liked: 4 Times

I love how these threads always get jacked by people hating on them. I bet if other faculties offered them on the same scale as engineering there would be just as many people buying a jacket for their respective faculties. Maybe if that were the case there would be less people crying about how it makes us as engineers look like douches.

Ender, micadjems like this.
Old 12-11-2009 at 02:57 PM   #14
EngLufLuf

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I think the jackets are really nice, it is just that we engineers like to take pride in being engineers ...

P.S.: I don't mean that others don't take pride in being what they are.
Old 12-11-2009 at 03:37 PM   #15
aubergine

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I think it's kind of like wearing hoodies or pants that say "McMaster" on them.
Except that the engineering jackets are really unattractive.