MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dropping off Cheques at Student Accounts and Cashiers annaj Financial Aid 1 08-24-2010 03:12 PM
Student Accounts and Payment Agreement hellonewyork First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-04-2009 04:37 PM
Student Accounts & Cashiers Customer Survey kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-31-2009 10:58 AM
Student Accounts & Cashiers Customer Survey rolosomn MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-31-2009 10:51 AM
Student Accounts Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-24-2008 07:49 AM

Student Accounts + Payment Agreement

Old 09-22-2009 at 02:51 PM   #1
hellonewyork

Liked: 27 Times

Student Accounts + Payment Agreement
When I went to pick up my OSAP, I provided my banking information to them. However, it seems like all my OSAP money has gone into my student account. Also, the payment agreement balance underneath the student account balance has disappeared...? Should I be worried? Will the money in my student account go towards the payment agreement?
Old 09-22-2009 at 03:46 PM   #2
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Hey there

They normally don't take your banking information unless you have money to deposit in the bank. So if you did, there should be some money from OSAP in your bank account now. Also, when you went to negotiate your OSAP, they ask you how much money goes to the school. Maybe you told the officer/person there that you were putting all your OSAP money to school..? But then again, they wouldn't take your banking info etc. (see first sentence).

Anyway, even if you gave more money than you intended to the school, it shows up as a credit on your Student Account. For example, you gave them $300 extra (Unknowingly. These things do happen. I did it this year. I didn't check how much of my OSAP money would go to school..). So, this $300 extra turns out to become -300 on my student account.

Read your student account. Check if there's been a "Payment" or something, I don't recall the term. You can tell they're payments if it's -$value though.

And if you're student account balance is 0, that means you've paid it off and you have no outstanding things to pay for (like books.)

But yes, I suggest reading your student account. It's not that bad once you actually try to understand it. It lists things you bought, things you paid for, and your overall balance.

Hope I helped! (Whew, this turned out long. lol)
Old 09-22-2009 at 04:25 PM   #3
hellonewyork

Okay, after comparing the payments on my student account to the amount on the OSAP papers, it seems like less money is in the student account than the amount on the papers.

I know how tto read my student account, I just wanted to know if it will go towards my payment agreement, and that I won't be kicked out of school lol
Old 09-22-2009 at 10:54 PM   #4
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Lol oh noo. I didn't mean it that way, some people just don't bother reading their student accounts so yeah haha. >.< sorry! : )

Anyway.. your situation. So the amount from OSAP that's in your student account is less than the amount you indicated that would go to school when you negotiated your loan? That's weird. But it does say your balance is 0, which is definitely good. If you're really worried, you should contact Student Accounts.

Personally, I have a problem(?) with Student Account, the amount that OSAP paid became an overall credit, so I have -$2000+. It sounds soo good, but I'm thinking this might get fixed soon.. Hence, no overload on Titles shopping for me. lol
Old 09-22-2009 at 11:12 PM   #5
hellonewyork

lol Sorry I sounded kinda offensive XD
But yeah, I will definitely go to the Student Accounts office and ask them about it.
Thanks anyway!