MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student I.D Zachary First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-08-2010 02:29 PM
student/Mac ID Elivs.L First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-31-2010 09:45 AM
student id MacStudent1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-25-2010 10:20 AM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM

student cardd

Old 09-27-2010 at 08:11 PM   #1
macbaby07
Elite Member

Liked: 54 Times

student cardd
can you take out money from your meal card or freedom account?
Old 09-27-2010 at 08:30 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

No.

(I don't think)

You can get the excess of your account given to you as a cheque though, but I think that empties your account.
Old 09-27-2010 at 08:44 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Meal plan? Lolno.

Freedom dollars... yes. I don't know if you can get it back before the end of the year, though (that's when I got mine back). The place is in the same building as Centro (first floor). I think they mail you the cheque though, so it takes a while.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-27-2010 at 08:52 PM   #4
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbaby07 View Post
can you take out money from your meal card or freedom account?
The only refundable part of your meal plan is the Freedom part (http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...residence.html --> find "Freedom"). You don't have to wait until the end of the year...when I did it (a few years ago now), they just credited it to my student account soon after I did it, and since that was in excess, they sent eventually sent me a cheque.

Remember your Flex and Freedom can also be carried on until next year, so if you plan to use it in the future, you could just leave it and let it carry over.
Old 09-27-2010 at 10:05 PM   #5
Mickel

Liked: 12 Times

Like others have said, your meal plan money can't be returned but you can get your freedom plan balance back. Typically residence students at the end of the year will just buy tons of junk food to use up their remaining balance. Centro will even put out huge boxes of chocolate bars and such for you to buy.

Another option at the end of the year is to donate money from your meal plan to a charity (I believe it's the Mac Bread Bin). Though you should know that the school will still take a good chunk of that money that you donated.

Last edited by Mickel : 09-27-2010 at 10:26 PM.