MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it safe to sleep over in the student centre? xxsumz General Discussion 34 05-12-2010 05:11 PM
Student Centre Hours Goce General Discussion 4 11-24-2009 08:24 AM
The birds in the student centre HeatherH General Discussion 25 03-30-2009 11:58 PM
What's the name of the photo studio at student centre mimi General Discussion 2 01-17-2008 12:56 PM
McMaster Centre for Student Development Chad MSU & On-Campus Services 0 07-25-2007 12:54 PM

Student Centre Changes

Old 03-25-2009 at 04:43 PM   #16
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
definitely think that some more study corrals would be beneficial (like on 2nd floor) and less couches. People are taking advantage of a bed away from home, and it is cutting down on the study space outside of the library.
I was talking to Azim the other day, and he mentioned that the entire study corral area on second floor MUSC is scheduled for renovation due to age.

Matt, you should seek election into the SRA seat for MUSC Board of Management in the coming year. I believe it is vacant right now as well as the previous SRA member who was elected is no longer part of the Assembly.
Old 03-25-2009 at 08:03 PM   #17
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

I previously posted it was usually very easy for my clubs to get rooms booked, I would now like to retract that statement.

It has become incredibly frustrating recently, as I was trying to get a room booked; Not only was it a huge marathon this time to get it booked, but, they ended up double booking the room, and the meeting which I had scheduled two weeks in advance was done basically on the floor
Old 03-25-2009 at 08:49 PM   #18
bigmac

Liked: 1 Time

can we have a mcdonald's in the student center? or somewhere else on campus....
Old 03-25-2009 at 08:51 PM   #19
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

lol! gross!!

How about bringing that mr sub back to momac. that was nice.
Old 03-25-2009 at 09:10 PM   #20
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

what??? noo...it's not there anymore? haha clearly I haven't gone in a while.
Old 03-25-2009 at 09:11 PM   #21
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

nope, they changed it to a pillars last year sometime..
Old 03-25-2009 at 09:30 PM   #22
stevennevets

Liked: 37 Times

or bring back the starbucks! i mean William's is awesome, but sometimes i just want the best coffee ever.
Old 03-25-2009 at 09:58 PM   #23
Alex McColl

Liked: 11 Times

Most of the Food requests are Hospitality Services related and thus should go to the IRC's Student Dining Committee (SDC). If you're in Res, contact your IRC Rep. If you're off campus, contact the chair of the committee. I know in at least 1 past year, we had a SOC on the SDC. So SOCs get in touch with the IRC and make it happen next year!
Old 03-25-2009 at 10:24 PM   #24
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

The wraps at momac are to DIE for. Esp the veggie ones.

KaesoPublius says thanks to DannyV for this post.
Old 03-25-2009 at 11:39 PM   #25
Matt Wright

Liked: 54 Times

The IRC is a great facet at McMaster, and as such should be used appropriately. The one problem I foresee is the power it has to adequately change things other than dining options. There are many food outlets on and off campus, the student centre changes should focus more on the degredation of facilities as opposed to what sub tastes better .

Although I am a starbucks and subway type of guy myself, I think we need some better room bookings and less sketchy furniture first.
Old 03-25-2009 at 11:41 PM   #26
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Allow groups to give away free stuff. So, not pestering students with crap, but people walking up to tables and picking them up.

Campus health can't even give away free hand sanitizer to students or our lovely condom roses. :(

deadpool, lorend all say thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 03-26-2009 at 12:02 AM   #27
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
Allow groups to give away free stuff. So, not pestering students with crap, but people walking up to tables and picking them up.

Campus health can't even give away free hand sanitizer to students or our lovely condom roses. :(
hahaha i've broken the free stuff rule a bunch of times.
Old 03-28-2009 at 02:16 AM   #28
Matt Wright

Liked: 54 Times

Musc
Does everyone like the idea of companies setting up displays? I mean, Stride was there for 3 days and everyone smiled at the thought of getting free gum, but we can't even place ads for msu events on the tables. Any thoughts?
Old 03-28-2009 at 09:17 AM   #29
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Stride drove my staff nuts. Every minute or two they were yelling/asking if anyone wanted a free sample of Stride gum. I was there for 15 minutes and I wanted to kill them. There have been plenty of times when similar events have been incredibly irritating over the years.

Personally, I think MUSC Admin should be centered more around the MSU Services and events rather than external companies.

Compass couldn't get a table about a month and a half ago because they were all "booked" (there were vacancies; I could see them). We got our own table and set it up beside Compass for our customer appreciation day and were told that we were breaking MUSC rules and we had to vacate. So irritating.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-28-2009 at 06:25 PM   #30
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
can we have a mcdonald's in the student center? or somewhere else on campus....
We'll there is a hospital within a couple hundred meters, so maybe.....