MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Business Students! Win $5000 with DeGroote's own Focus 2040 ayiri MacInsiders Announcements 4 01-14-2012 03:20 PM
Tuition Fees and Possible Tuition Reduction due to Headstart/LEAP MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-10-2010 09:07 PM
Students Helping Students Over The Holidays Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-25-2009 09:57 PM
IRIS: A Drama Production by Students for Students lorend First Year Success 0 06-06-2008 02:57 PM

Students can win up to $5000 toward tuition

As recently posted in the McMaster Daily News, Interac Online and the Student Accounts and Cashiers office are running a contest that could win you up to $5000 off your tuition fees. All you have to do is use Interac Online to make payments toward your student account balance between Feb. 6 and March 15 and for each payment (up to five) you will be entered for a chance to win your 2011-2012 tuition (up to $5000).

Liz McDonough, coordinator of customer service for student accounts, said: "We're hoping that students will become comfortable with using Interact Online for making future payments. By making payments to their accounts to enter, we are encouraging students to meet the payment deadline of March 15. We are thrilled that for one lucky student this will be a great opportunity to win free money!"

Full story and more information here.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 02-15-2012 at 01:28 AM   #2
Afzal
Android Dev
Program: Computer Science
Year: Alumni
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 416 Times
wtf! so paying all my year's fees in august is actually a bad thing for me now? >_< damn

I've been paying through Interac for the past 3 years :/
Old 02-15-2012 at 01:49 AM   #3
ikantsepll
J's Prince
Program: Honours Biology
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 607 Times
Wish I had left like $5 left on the account and pay it now to minimze monthly interest cost and maximize chance of winning...
Old 02-15-2012 at 06:17 AM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member
Program: ------------
Year: Other

Liked: 227 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Wish I had left like $5 left on the account and pay it now to minimze monthly interest cost and maximize chance of winning...
If you really wanted to, you could go get a new student card for 30 dollars, and then tell them to charge it on your student account.

It would be like buying a lottery ticket though, so it's probably not worth it.

Old 02-15-2012 at 06:29 AM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member
Year: Other

Liked: 2,314 Times
Guess I'll buy some shit at titles so I can buy my e-lottery ticket...

Eternal Fire, sarahsullz like this.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 02-15-2012 at 09:32 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User
Program: Chemical Biology
Year: Fourth
Residence: Les Prince 08-09

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
3. HOW TO ENTER:

NO PURCHASE/PAYMENT NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to enter:
Entry With PAYMENT: Each time up to five (5) times during the Contest Period when an Eligible Entrant or a parent/legal guardian on behalf on an Eligible Entrant makes an Interac Online payment to their student account at McMaster University (the "Eligible Purchase(s)"), the Eligible Entrant will automatically receive one entry into the Contest. The following are excluded for being eligible for entry: a) payment made by an unauthorized user; b) payments made with Cards which are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered. No minimum payment amounts required. Maximum payment amount determined by each financial institution.

Entry Without PAYMENT: To enter without payment or obligation, hand-print your name, address, city, province/ territory, postal code, day and evening telephone numbers, and a 100-word or more handwritten essay on "the Value of Interac Online", and mail in a postage stamped envelope to: "Interac Online Win Your Tuition at McMaster", P.O. Box 9901, Oakville, ON, L6J 0B8. Interac cardholders must include the first eight (8) digits of their Interac branded debit card (the "Card(s)") number of verification purposes. Maximum of one (1) entry per envelope with sufficient postage. Maximum of five (5) entries per person. Non-purchase entries must be postmarked by March 15, 2012 and received by March 31, 2012. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for, and accept no liability in relation to, any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed non-purchase entries. Maximum 5 Entries per student by any method combined.

Wowww. Entry without payment sucks. A 100-word handwritten essay? Might as well just make a payment and then have the university owe you money at the end of the year, it's less of a hassle.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search