Taunton
Elite Member
Program: Life Science & Geographic Information Systems
Year: Alumni
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 598 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
That's really annoying of you if it's a full bus. I hate when people take up seats for their bags on a crowded bus. One time, I actually witnessed a girl say no to a guy when he asked if he could sit down cause the bus was full . If I was him, I'd sit on those bags
You only pay for one seat, so really, these people can't do that. I would literally pick up the bag and drop it on their lap.

Harlequin, viv_ntiri like this.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:16 PM   #16
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy
Program: Software Engineering
Year: Fourth

Liked: 1,656 Times
I've never experienced not getting a seat on the GOBus, but then again, I only ever use it early in the morning or late at night.

On the TTC in Toronto, however, I find it almost impossible to get a seat on the subway. If I ever do manage to get a seat, I feel like all the old people standing are pissed at me. The thing I really hate is when there is a free seat, which I decide to not sit in thinking someone who really needs it will take it, and then some jerk around my age perfectly capable of standing runs over and takes it. Sometimes it's not worth it to try and be nice...
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:23 PM   #17
MDCL
Year: Third

Liked: 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
Ahh I hate when people sit beside me on the go bus! I always keep my dog or my purse in the seat next to me.. unless its a cute guy
I like sooo totally, like agree...like why does the bus driver let people on when the bus is like half full..like, doesn't he know that someone might, like, sit next to me then. How rude of him...The rest of those people waiting outside the bus should have , like, got there early enough so they could get two seats to themselves. Like duh...

Old 08-05-2009 at 02:56 PM   #18
myster
Program: Chemical and Bioengineering

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
This is risky! I wouldn't trust anybody to wake me up once we got to school. I would miss the stop and keep sleeping.
It works if the last stop is the last one you want...

My internal clock automatically wakes me up when I get to my destination anyways.
Old 08-05-2009 at 03:04 PM   #19
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User
Year: Other

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Ahh I hate when people sit beside me on the go bus! I always keep my dog or my purse in the seat next to me.. unless its a cute guy
I agree with the other posters.. this is not a kind thing to do.
Most people only sit next to other people when they NEED to because the bus is full. Very rarely will there be an empty bus and someone wants to sit beside you.

Please don't put your stuff on the seat beside you if the bus is filling up. That's very rude.
Old 08-05-2009 at 03:12 PM   #20
Harlequin
Program: BioPsych

Liked: 35 Times
Ugh I hate when people don't move their stuff when there's a herd of people outside and it's pretty obvious the bus is going to fill up. What I hate even more is if you ask to sit beside someone and they tell you they're saving a seat. rawr.
And yeah generally no one is going to sit beside you unless there are no empty seats.
Old 08-05-2009 at 09:54 PM   #21
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCL View Post
I like sooo totally, like agree...like why does the bus driver let people on when the bus is like half full..like, doesn't he know that someone might, like, sit next to me then. How rude of him...The rest of those people waiting outside the bus should have , like, got there early enough so they could get two seats to themselves. Like duh...
LOL

@ Katia:
The other posters are right. People generally don't want to be squished in beside another person unless they have no choice. And if dirty looks are what you're after, then just keep doing what you're doing when you're on a crowded bus.

{ don't stop the music }
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:21 PM   #22
Katia
Account Disabled by User
Program: Commerce
Year: Masters

Liked: 36 Times
Hmm you use like way too much, what are you, 14?

I didn't mention that it always happens on an empty bus to Toronto...for some reason old creepy men always want to sit next to me when theres lots of seats empty. especially when I have a huge purse , a carryon bag AND a dog carrier. not cool

Quote:
Old 08-06-2009 at 02:17 PM   #23
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times
Quote:
Hmm you use like way too much, what are you, 14?
Understanding sarcasm; ur doin it wrong.
Old 08-25-2009 at 10:27 AM   #24
Saleha
Program: Health Sciences

Liked: 17 Times
its also a good idea to place any large items, luggage you're carrying in the luggage compartment of the GO bus, if you're travelling on the GO... just ask the driver and they're usually very nice about it, even if there is a huge line up. this would really help with the no seats situation when it gets crowded; no one should need an entire seat for their luggage.
Old 08-25-2009 at 10:53 AM   #25
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleha View Post
no one should need an entire seat for their luggage.

If someone is using a seat for luggage, and they haven't paid for two seats then I would simply pile their bags on top of them and sit down.

They need to show me two tickets before I have any compassion for someone who won't let another sit beside them.

Old 08-25-2009 at 10:53 AM   #26
MDCL

Warning to the newbies to daily Go commuting...Monday's inbound to Mac and Friday's outbound are particularly busy...you get the weekend commuters bringing there nasties home to mom to wash and they insist that this precious cargo cannot ride in the hold of the bus.
Old 08-25-2009 at 10:54 AM   #27
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Warning to the newbies to daily Go commuting...Monday's inbound to Mac and Friday's outbound are particularly busy...you get the weekend commuters bringing there nasties home to mom to wash and they insist that this precious cargo cannot ride in the hold of the bus.
See my previous post above. Stand up for yourself.

Smeena Deol likes this.
Old 08-25-2009 at 10:56 AM   #28
Saleha
Program: Health Sciences

Liked: 17 Times
that's very true... i'd say if you have to go home on friday, try for as early in the day as possible
Old 08-25-2009 at 10:59 AM   #29
MDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
If someone is using a seat for luggage, and they haven't paid for two seats then I would simply pile their bags on top of them and sit down.
Amen brutha! I find that throwing their shite in the isle is more effective. It's the nasty smelly laudry that ya still have to put up with on Friday afternoons...wish those windows opened..could just throw it outa da bus.

Article Tools