MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Question about course textbooks/study guide for first year life science? 1styearlife Academics 3 09-09-2010 07:53 PM
Double room with washroom residence QUESTION! MariaQ Residence & Housing 7 05-02-2010 11:15 PM

Study Room question

Old 07-17-2011 at 08:07 PM   #16
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

the 2 GB cap (a personal nemesis of mine) is only enforced on days where there is a lot of activity, it is in no way automated, which serves to our advantage.
If you limit your downloading habits to tuesday-thursday you will always be okay, but since no one ever does this just hope you get lucky. I personally was capped 4 times during the year due to downloading games through steam. When you are capped they throttle you to essentially the equivalent of dial-up for 24 hours from when they first place the cap. It took me 10 minutes of hitting F5 to load avenue2learn during a cap once. IT IS BRUTAL. So do not under any circumstances do massive downloading during any time when you know you will need the internet in the next 24 hours for school work. Follow that rule and you will be okie-dokie.

GB123 says thanks to REPLEKIA/. for this post.