MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling all students to submit recipes... H.L. General Discussion 23 12-06-2009 11:51 AM
On another another lighter note - soccer anyone? _Luu_ General Discussion 39 07-06-2009 01:15 PM
On another lighter note - NASCAR anyone? jade177 General Discussion 7 07-04-2009 11:28 PM
100 Dollars Note zaidyusufani General Discussion 4 08-23-2008 11:30 AM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

How to submit doc note?

Old 02-03-2010 at 11:42 AM   #1
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

How to submit doc note?
Ok, so basically im stuck at home with the flu and i am missing handing in 2 essays... i got a doctors note but im not entirely sure where to submit it and what it does for me... like exempts me from late deductions on my essays or what? If anyone knows it would help !

Thanks
Old 02-03-2010 at 11:52 AM   #2
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
Ok, so basically im stuck at home with the flu and i am missing handing in 2 essays... i got a doctors note but im not entirely sure where to submit it and what it does for me... like exempts me from late deductions on my essays or what? If anyone knows it would help !

Thanks
Go to your Associate Dean's office and tell them that you were home sick and missed work. Give them the note and fill out the form (if any) they give you and they will contact your professor for you. You could be given anything from an extention to just having the weight from the essays moved to your exam.
Old 02-03-2010 at 12:08 PM   #3
Cassandraa87

Thank you, now who would my associate dean be .. im in humanities? would they be located in the humanities office in CNH?
Old 02-03-2010 at 12:10 PM   #4
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
Thank you, now who would my associate dean be .. im in humanities? would they be located in the humanities office in CNH?
'
CNH 112
Old 02-03-2010 at 12:11 PM   #5
Cassandraa87

ok that's what i thought now on the doctor's note should i get him to specify which dates i will be missing so that the proff knows ? or does it not matter as long as a present a doc note?
Old 02-03-2010 at 12:14 PM   #6
Taunton
Elite Member

It might be helpful to have a prognosis/diagnosis on the note (ie recommend bedrest for 4 days as of Feb 2), but I'm not sure that it is required.
Old 02-03-2010 at 12:16 PM   #7
Cassandraa87

ok thanks so much !
Old 02-03-2010 at 01:09 PM   #8
escape

Liked: 38 Times

which walk-in clinic did you go to? I can't seem to find walk-in clinic in hamilton. I think westdale walk-in closed down if i'm not mistaken
Old 02-03-2010 at 03:29 PM   #9
Cassandraa87

I dont know any walk in clinics down in the westdale area... there are a few near where i live in east hamilton ner eastgate mall ... if that helps
Old 02-03-2010 at 03:39 PM   #10
bieneres

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
which walk-in clinic did you go to? I can't seem to find walk-in clinic in hamilton. I think westdale walk-in closed down if i'm not mistaken
there's one in the dundurn fortinos plaza that i think is the same people from the westdale one just at a new location
take the bus past westdale and get off at dundurn at the mcdonalds and its right next to the fortinos in that lot
i posted this in a thread about walk in clinics last month, so if you find that thread others may have posted other ones too!