MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's wrong with my OSAP? GregoryVV Financial Aid 1 08-17-2010 01:04 AM
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG -timetable MIpolice First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-12-2010 10:33 AM
Wtf is wrong with the campus internet? Ownaginatios General Discussion 23 11-25-2009 10:56 PM
Wrong Address goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-30-2009 03:01 AM
Am I doing something wrong here? kacey24 Academics 4 09-29-2007 10:09 PM

Submitted to wrong drop box:(((

Old 03-11-2010 at 03:54 PM   #1
Alinaxo

Liked: 0 Times

Submitted to wrong drop box:(((
Hi there,

I unfortunately submitted an assignment to the wrong drop box (stupid I know and I am beating myself up for it) and it was a lab report for Bio 2A03....the course syllabus says I will get a zero for the assignment and I have also received an email saying I have received a zero...the lab co-ordinator has my report and I do have proof that I have not edited the work and also the date and time when it was printed on my computer to prove I had no intention of submitting the work in late...I went today to try and talk to the lab co-ordinator but she wasn't there even though it was during her office hours...and then I went to talk to one of the prof's for the course but he was extremely rude and would not even give me two minutes of his time to allow me to book an appointment with him. Is there any one else you can think of to talk to or say to the co-ordinator to at least get some marks for the lab???

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-11-2010 at 04:08 PM   #2
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

If you did the lab, you must have a TA supervising there? Contact the TA and tell the person that you submitted the assignment in the wrong box. He/she should look into it.

Just keep nagging the people who have the authority to change your marks!
Old 03-11-2010 at 04:15 PM   #3
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

I TA'ed Bio 2A03 two years ago... although a bit has changed, I would talk to the instructional assistant/lab coordinator and even your TA as well as the TA to which you put your lab into. I don't think the prof can help that much in this situation.
Old 03-11-2010 at 04:39 PM   #4
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

http://www.mcmaster.ca/ombuds/about.htm#what

Alinaxo likes this.
Old 03-11-2010 at 04:44 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I hate technicalities like this that were implemented to just make the whole grading process more efficient.. if you did the work you deserve the mark! I hope you get this situation fixed!
Old 03-11-2010 at 04:46 PM   #6
kangs6

Liked: 20 Times

I've done the same thing!!! All I saw was the lab number...L11, so I pushed my assignment in...then 2 seconds later realized it's another second year bio dropoff box......I told the guy in the office and he openned the box for me...Send them an email and explain the situation perhaps?
Old 03-11-2010 at 07:26 PM   #7
Alinaxo

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks guys for the support and the ideas! I really hope they work!