MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer School fleenagirl Academics 1 04-29-2009 06:29 PM
Summer School 09! leah.d Academics 5 03-05-2009 11:29 AM
Summer School laffand Academics 13 07-17-2007 11:09 PM

Summer School

Old 12-29-2009 at 11:52 PM   #1
jasminexo

Liked: 0 Times

Summer School
So I was thinking about taking a chem course offered at york during the summer, because right now my schedule's full AND i need to take it before next year as some of my courses next year have it listed as a prerequisite.

My question is, do courses taken at other universities over the summer show up only as a 'COMPLETE'?

Is there anyway it can be counted as a mark towards your average when applying to grad school and such?

Thanks!
Jasmine
Old 12-29-2009 at 11:55 PM   #2
jasminexo

Also, I didn't mean to post in first year questions, SORRY!
Old 12-29-2009 at 11:59 PM   #3
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Yup, if you choose to go to summer school at a different university, the course will show up as 'Complete' on your transcript. It will be counted as a mark only if the course is done at McMaster.

Last edited by Kevin S : 12-30-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-30-2009 at 12:33 AM   #4
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
Yup, if you choose to go to summer school at a different university, the course will show up as 'Complete' on your transcript. It will be counted as a mark only if the course is done at McMaster.
For McMaster purposes it will be 'Complete' For some programs like med school they will track down your york transcript and count those grades too.

jasminexo says thanks to arathbon for this post.
Old 12-30-2009 at 12:34 AM   #5
jasminexo

Would that go for any type of grad school?
Old 12-30-2009 at 12:45 AM   #6
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminexo View Post
Would that go for any type of grad school?
Depends on the school and program. Mac grad schools appear to only need 1 transcript from your main school while U of T seems to require transcripts from all schools.

jasminexo says thanks to arathbon for this post.
Old 12-30-2009 at 02:20 AM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

You should contact your the grad schools you are interested in to see what they do. I would also photocopy or get an extra copy of your transcript from that school just in case. I'm pretty sure you have to give a copy to your associate dean anyways.
Old 12-30-2009 at 11:36 AM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

The grad schools I've looked into have said you need official transcripts from all schools attended.

So even though you're a letter of permission student from another school, you'd still need a transcript from there. So even though your CGPA at Mac is unaffected, they'll still see your final grade.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 12-30-2009 at 03:22 PM   #9
jasminexo

Thanks guys!