MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer School fleenagirl Academics 1 04-29-2009 06:29 PM
Summer School 09! leah.d Academics 5 03-05-2009 11:29 AM
Summer School laffand Academics 13 07-17-2007 11:09 PM

Summer School

Old 04-27-2010 at 09:22 AM   #1
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Summer School
Hey I was wondering if there are any term tests during Summer School? Or is it just one big Exam?

And why are they revealing our marks so late? I am thinking of taking bio 1A03 in summer school, but it's only provided in first semester? On the other hand, I wouldn't find out till May31st if I failed it or not? Thats some BS.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2010 at 09:41 AM   #2
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

There are midterms and exams like usual during summer school. There are also labs and assignments, although some labs/assignments might be omitted. It's basically the same thing you get from a full year course crammed into less than 2 months, which sometimes decreases the quality of education, but people also tend to say it decreases difficulty as well.

As for your bio mark. Email your professor to explain your situation to see if he can tell you your mark. If not then at least ask him to tell you if you failed or passed the course.

mcmastergcdb says thanks to khaotic for this post.
Old 04-27-2010 at 10:16 AM   #3
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your mark could come out between April 29th and May 3rd! The only reason why you'll wait after is b/c of the Undergraduate Academic Reviewing. Those that graduate are reviewed first, so that might explain the wait.

As for summer school courses, you'll still have tests. In terms of tutorials and labs, you can still have them... but you'll have less of them. Like with Bio 2C03 I think there will be 6 tutorials instead of the normal 12 or so.
Old 04-27-2010 at 11:10 AM   #4
teresa

Liked: 0 Times

I don't know if it's the same for other courses but when I was taking bio2B03, we had a 30% midterm (this normally would've been 2 separate midterms but because of the time constraint they combined it :S) and a 40% exam plus a report and lab assignments.
Old 04-27-2010 at 12:17 PM   #5
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Hey thank you all.
Old 04-29-2010 at 10:40 AM   #6
DLoukov

Summer School Drop Date
Hi,

I was just wondering, if I registered and payed for a course (you have to pay by May 1st) but drop the course before May 7th (the last day to add a course) do you get fully reimbursed for that course? I can't find it anywhere on the MAC's site :S

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Old 04-29-2010 at 11:00 AM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLoukov View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering, if I registered and payed for a course (you have to pay by May 1st) but drop the course before May 7th (the last day to add a course) do you get fully reimbursed for that course? I can't find it anywhere on the MAC's site :S

Yes, you get fully reimbursed before the drop/add deadline after that I'm not sure how it works for summer though. You should note that it will take a while to reimburse though.
Old 04-29-2010 at 01:57 PM   #8
DLoukov

thank you!!!
Old 04-29-2010 at 05:30 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
thank you!!!
Also, I know they reimburse the course fee, but for the supplementary fees I cannot be certain. You should probably call them on Monday.
Old 04-29-2010 at 10:42 PM   #10
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Hi,

HERE is the summer course cancellation schedule.

For future reference, I found it by going to McMaster.ca and clicking on the following:

Academics --> Undergraduate Studies/Programs --> Registered Students --> Fees --> Cancellation Fee Schedule

Hope that helps
Old 04-30-2010 at 12:24 AM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
HERE is the summer course cancellation schedule.

For future reference, I found it by going to McMaster.ca and clicking on the following:

Academics --> Undergraduate Studies/Programs --> Registered Students --> Fees --> Cancellation Fee Schedule

Hope that helps
Oh weird, I went in a totally different place... somewhere in the financial information. I was wondering why they didn't update the cancellation schedule, the place I look in still shows the schedule for fall/winter 2009/2010.
Old 04-30-2010 at 12:41 AM   #12
nessa18

Liked: 9 Times

Can u still apply for summer school after may 3rd and I know thats when it starts. I am just waiting for my marks to come out and none of them have so I am still undecided about summer school. Any help would be great!
Old 04-30-2010 at 09:55 AM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa18 View Post
Can u still apply for summer school after may 3rd and I know thats when it starts. I am just waiting for my marks to come out and none of them have so I am still undecided about summer school. Any help would be great!
You have until May 7th to Drop and Add for Term 1/3 courses and June 21 for Term 2 courses.