MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
summer school in a different university Jennnnn Academics 1 03-22-2013 04:51 PM
Taking Grad School Pre Reqs in Summer School? ChhabrN Academics 2 01-01-2013 12:34 AM
Summer School at another University jingletunes Academics 4 02-06-2012 03:15 PM
Summer courses at another university and med school. dumbconsumer Academics 5 02-06-2011 10:41 AM
Summer School at university of waterloo? andrew22 Academics 0 04-11-2010 01:17 PM

Summer School at another University

Old 12-11-2014 at 02:47 AM   #1
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Summer School at another University
So I'm planning on taking some summer courses at another university and I'm kinda confused about the letter of permission. Im in the science faculty and I'm planning on taking a physics course and an english course. So I just need a letter of permission from the faculty of science or do I need one for the humanities faculty as well?
Old 12-11-2014 at 04:11 AM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

You submit both through the science faculty! That's because you're registered in science, so any courses you take at any other universities will need to go through your faculty to count towards your degree.
Old 12-11-2014 at 12:57 PM   #3
MovingTarget

Liked: 6 Times

Exactly what Sara said. I took 1st year calculus at York University last summer and I inquired about the same thing when I was doing the Letter of Permission process.

You should be aware, if you're not already, that what ever grade you get in your summer school courses taken at another university will NOT affect your overall GPA at Mac. On your transcript at Mac it will simply say 'Completed' for the courses you took at the other school. This could be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how well you do in the summer courses.
Old 12-11-2014 at 03:11 PM   #4
patriots4eva

Liked: 5 Times

Is it correct that you need a 6 to get completed?
Old 12-11-2014 at 03:22 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots4eva View Post
Is it correct that you need a 6 to get completed?
No, that is not correct.
http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/ass...2/letters.html

You need 60% or C-. A 6 on the 12-point scale is a C+.

All it takes is a quick google search to confirm that.

patriots4eva says thanks to starfish for this post.