MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer School Term 1 Grades sdb23 Academics 4 06-16-2010 09:55 PM
Summer School Grades njd123 Academics 14 05-13-2010 12:12 PM
Summer School Grades ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 21 07-14-2009 09:01 PM
Summer school (term 1) grades MLSA29 Academics 11 06-30-2009 08:58 PM
Questions about Grades, Summer School, and LEAP J-Met First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 51 05-05-2008 02:12 AM

Summer School Grades

Old 06-25-2010 at 11:23 AM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by R633 View Post
How was Dr. Sarr btw?
As a teacher? He likes to take his time teaching. He didn't talk very loud but in the end he was a lot better although sometimes you miss some words. He didn't have to teach us proofs but he feels as though some students would benefit from learning them (I for one like to learn the proofs otherwise equations are just numbers and letters). He's a really good one on one teacher. I learned a lot during his office hours.

R633 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:52 AM   #17
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, but I think he said that he was going to post the exam marks up as well... not too sure... he uses the word "final" for exam too so it could be either :S
About that exam, that was quite the exam.

arathbon likes this.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:57 AM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
About that exam, that was quite the exam.
Lol, quite difficult indeed. I swear for one of the questions he didn't provide the equation and it was a pretty long one... I think I remembered it correctly though, it had to do with P(bar).
Old 06-25-2010 at 12:04 PM   #19
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, quite difficult indeed. I swear for one of the questions he didn't provide the equation and it was a pretty long one... I think I remembered it correctly though, it had to do with P(bar).
Yeah, I remember that one. That one took a while.

I partially blanked out in the middle of the exam, as in not totally remembering the equations that weren't on the formula sheet. So I had to do a trial-and-error sort of thing to get the answers, and I was able to answer the questions in the end, so I think I did alright. Surprisingly I got the exam done with half an hour to spare.

However, it could all backfire miserably.
Old 06-25-2010 at 12:09 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that one. That one took a while.

I partially blanked out in the middle of the exam, as in not totally remembering the equations that weren't on the formula sheet. So I had to do a trial-and-error sort of thing to get the answers, and I was able to answer the questions in the end, so I think I did alright. Surprisingly I got the exam done with half an hour to spare.

However, it could all backfire miserably.
I know, I'm quite nervous to find out my final mark. I hope I did better on the exam than I thought I did.
Old 06-25-2010 at 12:11 PM   #21
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

I echo that sentiment.

I got half way through and then hit a brick wall. Thank god for knowing how to use the standard deviation mode on my calc otherwise I would have ran out of time.
Old 06-25-2010 at 12:15 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
I echo that sentiment.

I got half way through and then hit a brick wall. Thank god for knowing how to use the standard deviation mode on my calc otherwise I would have ran out of time.
Lol, I agree. Learning how to use basic statistical calculations on my calculator probably saved me like 30 minutes.
Old 06-25-2010 at 01:36 PM   #23
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

That and paying attention to the derivations learned in class. I swear, some of the stuff we had to derive ourselves...one of them, I couldn't remember because I hadn't paid that much attention to the derivations, but for one of the other ones, I remembered parts of it but didn't understand it until I was trying to figure out the question on the exam.

Even if he only posts our exam mark, we can use that to figure out our final mark (since we know everything else) so I hope he does! I really want to know how I did on the exam, because it could have been decent, or really bad :S
Old 06-25-2010 at 02:47 PM   #24
nerual
Account Disabled by User

I just checked ELM, and Dr Sarr posted an announcement saying that he's not allowed to post our exam marks until our final grades have been released on MUGSI, but he said that he has submitted the grades. He also posted the average of the exam and overall course average.
Old 06-25-2010 at 02:53 PM   #25
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I just checked ELM, and Dr Sarr posted an announcement saying that he's not allowed to post our exam marks until our final grades have been released on MUGSI, but he said that he has submitted the grades. He also posted the average of the exam and overall course average.
Quote:
Final Marks and Grades
June 25, 2010 3:07 PM
Hi Everybody,

I wanted to post your final marks and grades after returning the grade sheet to the Undergraduate Team of our department, but it is not allowed to post them on the course web page until all the
Spring/Summer Term 1 final grades have been posted on MUGSI by the
Registrar's office.

Please find below some stats:

-Average of the final Exam : 28.32/40

-Overall Average (Assigns+MidTerm+Exam ): 76.2/100.

If you want to pick up your assignment.4, please come in my office HH/206 at the scheduled times for that or send me an email.

With Best Wishes!
Dr. Sarr
~70% average of midterm?!
Old 06-25-2010 at 02:59 PM   #26
nerual
Account Disabled by User

The exam, you mean? Yeah, that gives me hope! lol

Although, wasn't there supposed to be a question removed? Shouldn't it be out of 39 then?
Old 06-25-2010 at 03:03 PM   #27
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
The exam, you mean? Yeah, that gives me hope! lol

Although, wasn't there supposed to be a question removed? Shouldn't it be out of 39 then?
Maybe he just marked that one question correct so that it's still out of 40?
Old 06-25-2010 at 06:07 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Maybe he just marked that one question correct so that it's still out of 40?
He most likely did that. Being a stats prof I'm sure he knows that adding a mark to everyone's test bring up the average more than removing a mark from everyone's test. Yeah my sentence is confusing, all it means is 9/10 is more than 8/9.
Old 06-26-2010 at 03:58 AM   #29
faytless

Liked: 3 Times

CHEM 2OA3 marks are out too
Old 06-28-2010 at 10:13 PM   #30
R633

Liked: 24 Times

Has anyone's bio 2B03/2C03 grades come out yet?