MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer School? viegasrj Academics 3 12-04-2010 11:20 AM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer School Infinity General Discussion 2 03-10-2009 09:28 PM

summer school help

Old 03-08-2011 at 02:04 AM   #1
Jackxer0

Liked: 0 Times

summer school help
I was wondering if this is possible: say you get under a 3.0 average in the fall/winter season. Are you allowed to take a summer term in order to bring up your average? or are you kicked out?
Old 03-08-2011 at 04:38 AM   #2
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackxer0 View Post
I was wondering if this is possible: say you get under a 3.0 average in the fall/winter season. Are you allowed to take a summer term in order to bring up your average? or are you kicked out?
What program were you in?
Old 03-08-2011 at 05:15 AM   #3
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Honestly, I doubt it. But to know for sure you should contact the office of the registrar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
It's listed right under his username... Furthermore, it's not even relevant.
Old 03-08-2011 at 05:15 AM   #4
mcmasterrrrr

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
Karma is a beautiful thing, just wait.
Old 03-08-2011 at 08:33 AM   #5
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackxer0 View Post
You should still check with an academic advisor, of course, but you need to be below a 3.0 in order to be kicked out of the university. Between a 3.0 and a 3.5 is academic probation, and I'm relatively certain you can take summer courses as long as your status on your degree audit is "May Continue."
Old 03-08-2011 at 08:50 AM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmasterrrrr View Post
Karma is a beautiful thing, just wait.
No such thing. He's probably going to graduate from mac with 12s in every course, and make 10x as you because he's such a keener.
Old 03-08-2011 at 08:56 AM   #7
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
No such thing. He's probably going to graduate from mac with 12s in every course, and make 10x as you because he's such a keener.
but will he be happyyyyyyyyyy