MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Summer School mcmastergcdb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 04-30-2010 09:55 AM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer School 09! leah.d Academics 5 03-05-2009 11:29 AM
Summer School Afrisa Academics 14 05-29-2008 03:53 PM

Summer School?

Old 12-04-2010 at 10:39 AM   #1
viegasrj

Liked: 0 Times

Summer School?
I was thinking of taking a Summer Term. I'm confused about how it works though. Do summer sessions have terms too? And if they do, is it possible to stay for the fist term and finish the required courses and not register for a second term? I saw that the first term is from May 3 to June, and the second is from June to August. I was hoping to just stay from May to June. Can anyone answer this please? Thank you!
Old 12-04-2010 at 10:43 AM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Yes there's 2 terms. Both are roughly 6 weeks each.

And you can just take one term if you want to.

viegasrj says thanks to JEFF_CHAN for this post.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 12-04-2010 at 11:03 AM   #3
marcie

Liked: 119 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by viegasrj View Post
I saw that the first term is from May 3 to June, and the second is from June to August. I was hoping to just stay from May to June. Can anyone answer this please? Thank you!
You're right, there are two terms, but whether you're in school from May-June or July-August depends on the course you plan to take. Most courses (as far as I know) are only available in one of the two terms. For example, if it is a two-part course like Music 1A03/1AA3, you'd be stuck with taking 1A03 in May-June, and/or 1AA3 in July-August (like I did this summer).

Even if you do end up having to take summer school in the second term, it isn't so bad because it ends in the first week of August, so you still have the whole rest of the month for a break
Old 12-04-2010 at 11:20 AM   #4
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

It's a really good idea to take a spring or summer course (or both) to lighten your load for the next year. But there is, of course, a lot less selestion of what classes you can take. I had only three options last year and ended up taking a claas that I normally wouldn't have chosen and I did really poorly at it. Not to scare you or anything, but it is super fast paced because it's only 6 weeks and you have to be prepared to study really, really hard. Good luck, though!