MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer School fleenagirl Academics 1 04-29-2009 06:29 PM
Summer School 09! leah.d Academics 5 03-05-2009 11:29 AM
Summer School laffand Academics 13 07-17-2007 11:09 PM

summer school at mac...????

Old 06-30-2008 at 10:26 AM   #1
shreya s.

Liked: 0 Times

summer school at mac...????
wht are the course usually offered during the summer months at mac????
Old 06-30-2008 at 10:36 AM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I think they vary every year but I wouldnt know for certain. I find that hardly any mandatory courses are being offered. I took Poli Sci 2C03 and Philo 1B03. You can also check the master timetable and instead of winter term click summer term and look through the courses. Those courses aren't guaranteed to be around next summer but it might gvie you a rough idea.
Old 06-30-2008
shreya s.
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-30-2008
shreya s.
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-30-2008 at 03:41 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

The courses offered in summer school vary from year to year for soc sci and humanities, but tend to be fairly standard in the sciences (as for the other faculties...i have nooo idea)

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-30-2008 at 05:35 PM   #4
shreya s.

Liked: 0 Times

are 6 unit courses alse offered in the summer?? and how many courses one take in the summer?? i wanted to take SANSKRIT 3A06 AND JAPANESE 1Z06 this year but by the time i got to SOLAR, they were already full....any chance that those two will be offered...??
Old 06-30-2008 at 08:29 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I'd say those courses are very unlikley to be offered in the summer.

And yes six unit courses are offered. In fact, I am taking one right now.

Depending on when the courses you want are offered during the day (most are evenings, but some are during the day), you can take up to three courses per term.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement