Summer school (term 1) grades MLSA29 Academics 11 06-30-2009 08:58 PM
Term 2 Summer School Afrisa Academics 11 06-09-2009 11:53 PM

Summer School Term 2 (psych 1xx3)

Old 05-10-2011 at 12:59 PM   #1
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Summer School Term 2 (psych 1xx3)
Hey, I have a strange question regarding missing class in term 2.

I'm planning on taking psychology 1xx3 in term 2, but I'll be away on vacation from July 8th to July 22nd. Since I'm seeming to manage pretty well with the fact that 1x03 is online-based, is it possible to still do well in this course if I'm doing studying and 'attending' class purely online? I know I'll be missing about 4-5 'real life' lectures as a result....

So basically:
Can I do psych 1xx3 via distance education?
Is there significant 'at school' learning (live lectures, etc) to miss?
Anything else that may come up that I haven't thought of?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2011 at 01:07 PM   #2
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

it depends on if the tutorials are manditory or not and also the essay which u may or may not have to write ( i know u have to do on in the year but not sure about the summer layout)

if there are no manditory tutorials then thats better for you, also you can always work around the group project and have online meetings.

as for the inclass lectures, about a quarter of the midterms and exams had questions based on inclass lectures and you would only know the answers if you attended them ( because they covered some examples and concepts in class which were not on the online lectures) but if you can get your hands on a friends notes they are easy enough to follow...

so i think you could do it long distance but you should have a chat with dr. kim or who ever it is that is running it in the summer and see what componants are involved and what is doable long distance and what is not ( of course dont say your going on vacation or anything like that i dont think that would look good on you)

anyways good luck with psych 1xx3 its relatively an easier course than 1x03 and more interesting, .... and have fun on your vacation too

RyanC says thanks to Chevalier for this post.