MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Surviving with a roommate Myaccount Residence & Housing 20 11-11-2009 11:06 AM
Surviving a Long Distance Romance moops Misc 13 09-02-2009 03:01 AM
FYC: Apocalypse Ball Nino MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-28-2009 03:49 PM
Surviving Your Roommates kokosas Residence & Off-Campus Living 2 05-02-2008 02:08 PM
Surviving Residence Part Five: Studying While in Res Chad Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 09-10-2007 01:23 PM

Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse

Old 07-26-2012 at 10:42 AM   #31
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
What is the point of a silenced pistol when zombies track off the scent of blood? i dont think it matters if they hear you shoot, they are going to find you regardless. And choosing a car will be of no use when the gas runs out. plus you are limiting yourself to a land area that is already inhabited by the zombies. as stated earlier, the best bet is the boat so that you can go to an uninhabited island where you can try building a home.
Why don't you respond to my last comment regarding your 'class' before we move on to the reasoning of my 'class.
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:01 AM   #32
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Well seeing as that comment clearly pertains to the 2nd choice i made which is the submachine gun. It still has a high firing rate which will be able to take out a group.. The shotgun is for when they are coming at you staggered. by doing this i now still have a machine gun even tho it is a submachine gun, and i have a more damaging shotgun that has 8 rounds per clip, thats a guaranteed 8 kills. and when you need to reload, you pull out the submachine gun or kitana. There you go. Still waiting to hear why a silenced pistol is necessary when zombies hunt off scent.
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:04 AM   #33
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Don't know why you take my questions and remarks so offensively, or at least it feels that way. Why I chose the silenced pistol? I like them. There you go. 2a could've also worked for me, but I rather have a suppressed noise..I guess I play Call of Duty: Black Ops to much using the Galil with suppressor on.
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:09 AM   #34
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
What is the point of a silenced pistol when zombies track off the scent of blood? i dont think it matters if they hear you shoot, they are going to find you regardless. And choosing a car will be of no use when the gas runs out. plus you are limiting yourself to a land area that is already inhabited by the zombies. as stated earlier, the best bet is the boat so that you can go to an uninhabited island where you can try building a home.
who discovered that zombies track by scent. wat study was done.
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:17 AM   #35
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

yea......^^^....cus if they are the undead they have all that rotting flesh and blood oozing too wouldn't they? so they probably stick quite a bit. I doubt they could smell something beyond their own stench? .... i dono i think ive seen some shows/movies where the zombies track by sound so the people try to stay quiet when moving around, or if its dark they track by light. ???
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:27 AM   #36
Chris23
Account Locked

Well if they are undead, i would assume they dont have a heartbeat, and i doubt they are producing blood, so any blood that was in their system would go stagnant and decay. And well Silver, you funny guy you, it was an assumption being made. But again very funny trolling, im laughing on the inside. Yeah light would be something for sure they would see, so the flashlight would always be a bad choice.
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:32 AM   #37
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Well if they are undead, i would assume they dont have a heartbeat, and i doubt they are producing blood, so any blood that was in their system would go stagnant and decay. And well Silver, you funny guy you, it was an assumption being made. But again very funny trolling, im laughing on the inside. Yeah light would be something for sure they would see, so the flashlight would always be a bad choice.
I don't think Silver was trying to be funny...Silver correct me if I'm wrong please. Also, the stench of blood on the zombies would suffice, regardless of them producing more blood or not.
Old 07-26-2012 at 11:58 AM   #38
staceygab
Campus Store

Liked: 97 Times

I too have give this lots of thought.

I would hold up in a Costco. Why Costco?
- Has supplies including food, water , camping gear, generators, propane & weapons
- No windows. A pretty good fortress - you only have to defend the front door and loading dock
- High flat roof - good for sniper practice on Zombies
- I can get to one in a realistic and reasonable amount of time should an attack take place

RyanC likes this.
Old 07-26-2012 at 12:46 PM   #39
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
I don't think Silver was trying to be funny...Silver correct me if I'm wrong please. Also, the stench of blood on the zombies would suffice, regardless of them producing more blood or not.
Once again herb not getting into with you on here. And anyone asking if a study has been conducted on the tracking techniques of zombies is trolling... thought that would be pretty obvious.
and a costco has everything you need, but expect a lot of people to do the same, leading a lot of zombies to the location. I just dont see trapping yourself in one location like that to be a good idea. I think in order to survive, you would have to be constantly on the move. only bunkering down a a couple of days at a time.. at most

Last edited by Chris23 : 07-26-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2012 at 12:59 PM   #40
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

chill. it was meant to be a bit of both. i've seen stuff about zombies where they go to where a loud noise is made much more than them going somewhere due to the scent of blood. thats why i said it. only in the walking dead ive seen zombies attracted to human blood but that was only in close range. ive seen em hear noises from greater distance than what they can smell so silencer is good ok .
Old 07-26-2012 at 01:03 PM   #41
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Once again herb not getting into with you on here. And anyone asking if a study has been conducted on the tracking techniques of zombies is trolling... thought that would be pretty obvious.
and a costco has everything you need, but expect a lot of people to do the same, leading a lot of zombies to the location. I just dont see trapping yourself in one location like that to be a good idea. I think in order to survive, you would have to be constantly on the move. only bunkering down a a couple of days at a time.. at most
Why can't you handle going back and forth, I don't seem to understand..?

P.S. my forum username is herBs.
Old 07-26-2012 at 01:16 PM   #42
Chris23
Account Locked

Pretty sure this whole conversation has been going back and forth? Im just choosing not to have things getting heated.
Old 07-26-2012 at 01:31 PM   #43
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Pretty sure this whole conversation has been going back and forth? Im just choosing not to have things getting heated.
I personally feel none of my responses were 'heated' in any manner. If you do believe so, then I'll go first and apologize. I personally think the discussion was quite neutral as I was going to explain why I chose my 'class'. Though like I said before...I really didn't give it much thought.
Old 07-26-2012 at 02:32 PM   #44
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

You people have WAYY TOO MUCH FREE TIME!!
Old 07-26-2012 at 02:52 PM   #45
Chris23
Account Locked

Well at least thats one person i'll outlive when the zombies get here